+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit process (worried )

avaliciously

Aug 23, 2013
Hi All,
I am a protected person and I have recently had my medical done for my permanent resident after waiting for 5 years;thanks to the MP.My issue is, I am currently a nursing student and I am an OSAP applicant. In order for my funds to be released I need to provide a valid SIN. My SIN is expired and I have applied online for my work permit 3 weeks before its expiry date( I need a valid work permit in order to renew my SIN). I originally thought that the online process was quicker than mail application, but after I've submitted my online application, I realized that it is going to be a very long for my application to process. Now, I don't have any money to cover my tuition and for school related purpose. The deadline to pay my fees is in November otherwise I won't be able to register for my second semester if first semester fees are not paid by that date. I know the cic office won't be able to speed up application, but is there anyone I can contact or anything else I can do to help with this process? I am worried about not being able to move on to my second semester due to this delay...any help, suggestions is welcome..

Thanks
God bless!