+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit Process when applying from India? after positive LMIA

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
hello,

I am waiting for a LMIA decision, which should come in within a week and wondering if there is anything i can do to speed up the work permit process. Currently it shows work permit processing time from india is 5 weeks but i keep reading that if you do medical upfront, it can decrease the time.

Can someone suggest how its done and what all is required? Also, incase applying for work permit for spouse as well along with a child, will the medical be done for all of the applicants?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello,

I am waiting for a LMIA decision, which should come in within a week and wondering if there is anything i can do to speed up the work permit process. Currently it shows work permit processing time from india is 5 weeks but i keep reading that if you do medical upfront, it can decrease the time.

Can someone suggest how its done and what all is required? Also, incase applying for work permit for spouse as well along with a child, will the medical be done for all of the applicants?

Thanks
No, you can't speed up the process.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i keep reading about upfront medical, isn't that helpful in speeding up the process? If yes, how do i get started with upfront medical?
You just go to a Panel Physician and do the medical. It doesn't speed up the process. The medical evaluation is done by a Regional Medical Office, not the visor office. The posted processing time is from the visa office, the one that actually processes the work permit.

Reactions: canadavisaQs

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Got it, thanks for being patient here with me.

I was thinking instead of visa office to tell me to go get medical, if i get it done upfront it will save some time when the time comes for medical.

No?