+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit (Postdoc, Closed Work Permit, LMIA Exempt) - Processing Time

gaurang1993

May 4, 2022
Dear All,

I have filed an application for a Temporary Work Permit for the purpose of pursuing a Postdoc position in Canada. The application was filed on 12th March 2022 with all the documents and I got my Biometrics Collection Letter on the same date. I have completed the Biometrics on 18th March and my medical was approved on April 04, 2022. Since I am applying for a Postdoc position, I am LMIA exempt and the supporting document from my employer has also been furnished stating that I am eligible for a two weeks processing time. The last status update was on 04th March and since then no updates.

Anyone facing the same issue or it would be great if somebody advise me further steps or the expected duration. In any case can I request them to expedite the process as my joining date is in May 2022.

gaurang1993

May 4, 2022
hello i hve applied for my workprmit process in canda so how many days processing time in LMIA approved in govt

Maxlala

May 26, 2022
Dear All,

I have filed an application for a Temporary Work Permit for the purpose of pursuing a Postdoc position in Canada. The application was filed on 12th March 2022 with all the documents and I got my Biometrics Collection Letter on the same date. I have completed the Biometrics on 18th March and my medical was approved on April 04, 2022. Since I am applying for a Postdoc position, I am LMIA exempt and the supporting document from my employer has also been furnished stating that I am eligible for a two weeks processing time. The last status update was on 04th March and since then no updates.

Anyone facing the same issue or it would be great if somebody advise me further steps or the expected duration. In any case can I request them to expedite the process as my joining date is in May 2022.
Please how do you get your LMIA ?

Mittalbhai80

May 27, 2022
Vadodara Gujarat
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Delhi
I was applied open work permit on 6 December 2021...bio 4 January 2022.. medical update on 15 February 2022... review started on 7may 2022.... still I wait for result.....

ennaroe23

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
I have applied for a yukon community pilot for a work permit. Received the nomination and support letter by December from Yukon processed by my employer. By the way I have applied as a teacher ... then had my medical in January and on January 24th I noticed that it says I passed my medical and after that nothing happens. Anyone who has the same issue? My employer has been asking me about it... and the processing weeks keep on changing... before it was 14 weeks and now its 72 weeks which made me feel really worried.

Jun 28, 2022
Dear All,

Hi, what is the current status of your application?

Reactions: VNM8

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hi. I appreciate your suggestion. My closed work permit expires on June 16, and I am still in Canada awaiting a new appointment letter from a different employer. Could you please advise whether I can stay legally in Canada while waiting for a new appointment letter to apply for the work permit?

Jul 30, 2022
Hi,
Has anyone from Pakistan applied for a postdoctoral work permit recently or has received a permit? Please share your timeline.
Thank you for your help in advance.