+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit/PGWP. Need information please.

sdub

Jan 11, 2016
Hi.
I have completed my course requirements for a bachelors degree from University of Alberta and am graduating in June 2016. Currently, I have a study permit that expires on 31 March and have applied for an open work permit on November 4th. I know I am allowed to work full-time while waiting for the work permit. My question is that if it takes longer than 31 March to get my work permit, can I still work even though my SIN would have expired?
I am also currently applying for a PGWP and I know that it takes a couple months. If I do get denied for the open work permit, am I still allowed to work while waiting for the PGWP? Again my SIN will be expiring on March 31.

Thank you.

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
hello,

Congratulation on completing your bachelors. i am not sure why you applied for open work permit when you can apply for PGWP. Assumin you have done a course of 3 years you would have got 3 year open work permit as PGWP.

Fastest way to get work permit is flag polling(http://mike-n-weegee-in-vancouver.blogspot.ca/2013/10/flag-pole-mission-to-canadaus-border.html). If you are not aware of the process then its simple. You should have a degree completion letter from your college/university and credit/debit card, your passport and ur study permit. Look for one in alberta.
The total process will be like 2-3 hours depending on the traffic there.

Easy and simple. Then you can apply for TRV online.

I hope this will help

sdub said:
Hi.
I have completed my course requirements for a bachelors degree from University of Alberta and am graduating in June 2016. Currently, I have a study permit that expires on 31 March and have applied for an open work permit on November 4th. I know I am allowed to work full-time while waiting for the work permit. My question is that if it takes longer than 31 March to get my work permit, can I still work even though my SIN would have expired?
I am also currently applying for a PGWP and I know that it takes a couple months. If I do get denied for the open work permit, am I still allowed to work while waiting for the PGWP? Again my SIN will be expiring on March 31.

Thank you.