canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Poten said:
Well I don't think I committed fraud. How will I include a person I've been with for a year in my app as part of my family? We were just starting the relationship
Yes, you committed fraud. IRCC is very clear that common-law partners must be included.

Poten

Jul 15, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you committed fraud. IRCC is very clear that common-law partners must be included.
I'm sorry but no I did not committed fraud! I think I have enough to have my partner away from me so that now you come with negativity telling me that I have committed fraud and that I will never be able to bring my partner to live with me. Thanks for the information and your negativity.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Poten said:
I'm sorry but no I did not committed fraud! I think I have enough to have my partner away from me so that now you come with negativity telling me that I have committed fraud and that I will never be able to bring my partner to live with me. Thanks for the information and your negativity.
You can sit there and continue to say you didn't commit fraud but as per the laws of Canada, you did. You were required by immigration law to include your common-law partner but you didn't.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Poten said:

Negativity? Facts are facts. You can't just pick and choose what rules you follow because you decide you don't like them.

The only way you can ever sponsor him is to 1) Blatantly lie about it, and if IRCC finds out you could lose your PR or worse 2) Renounce your PR, reapply as a skilled worker with him added to your application this time.

Poten

Jul 15, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Negativity? Facts are facts. You can't just pick and choose what rules you follow because you decide you don't like them.

The only way you can ever sponsor him is to 1) Blatantly lie about it, and if IRCC finds out you could lose your PR or worse 2) Renounce your PR, reapply as a skilled worker with him added to your application this time.
Just to let both of you know that after talking to an immigration lawyer, no, I did not committed fraud because the way my partner and I cohabited was as a bf and gf since we did not have a joint bank account, either joint utility bills, and in our residential lease another 6 ppl appears as roommates.

So yeah facts are facts. And no, Ill not lie as per your advice.

Seriously, thank you very much for your help. Have a great day!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Poten said:
Just to let both of you know that after talking to an immigration lawyer, no, I did not committed fraud because the way my partner and I cohabited was as a bf and gf since we did not have a joint bank account, either joint utility bills, and in our residential lease another 6 ppl appears as roommates.

So yeah facts are facts. And no, Ill not lie as per your advice.
The lack of joint utilities and a joint bank account and the fact that you had roommates doesn't make you less common-law. You lived together in a conjugal relationship, so IRCC will consider you common-law. Search the forum and search Canlii for R117(9)(d). IRCC is very unforgiving in this situation.

Poten

Jul 15, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
The lack of joint utilities and a joint bank account and the fact that you had roommates doesn't make you less common-law. You lived together in a conjugal relationship, so IRCC will consider you common-law. Search the forum and search Canlii for R117(9)(d). IRCC is very unforgiving in this situation.
As I said I talked with the inmigration lawyer that helped me with my PR app and she confirmed me that I did not committed fraud

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Poten said:
As I said I talked with the inmigration lawyer that helped me with my PR app and she confirmed me that I did not committed fraud
Sorry but that lawyer is talking crap or is not educated on CIC guidelines and just wants your money.

It just takes a quick Google search to see that you committed fraud by not declaring your relationship. Now you didn't do it on purpose but unfortunately under CIC guidelines, it is still fraud and you can never sponsor him.

You can try but I think it is a waste of money.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=didn%27t+declare+spouse+pr+application+site:www.canadavisa.com&client=ms-android-asus-wypm&biw=360&bih=616&prmd=nvi&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi348jcy5PSAhXl54MKHThtCJ0QrQIIJSgEMAI