+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit on point of entry to Canada possible?

AshJWalker

Nov 3, 2013
Hello.... I am a UK citizen and i have an LMO for a position in a company in Alberta. My question is can i enter Canada without a work permit and apply and get it issued at point of entry?

I have heard this is possible but It does not seem to be clear on the immigration website. I am reluctant to tell my employer a start date and jump on a plane to Canada without knowing for definate in case i get turned around at the border.

I am aware applying for a work permit from the UK may take months therefore i am trying to reduce my time waiting to get back to Canada.

Please help.

Many Thanks in advance.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
AshJWalker said:
Hello.... I am a UK citizen and i have an LMO for a position in a company in Alberta. My question is can i enter Canada without a work permit and apply and get it issued at point of entry?

I have heard this is possible but It does not seem to be clear on the immigration website. I am reluctant to tell my employer a start date and jump on a plane to Canada without knowing for definate in case i get turned around at the border.

I am aware applying for a work permit from the UK may take months therefore i am trying to reduce my time waiting to get back to Canada.

Please help.

Many Thanks in advance.
Yes you can do that when you arrived in your Point of Entry. You have to show your Positive LMO and Job Offer. You are from Visa Exempt Country so you are allowed to do it.