+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - need help urgently

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all WELCOME, it's my first post:)

I'm preparing my online application and I have problem with 2 points. Maybe someone can help me with that.

1. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
Document: Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification.
Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.

#TOMBO83: I'm applying for sales and marketing director and as I know I don't need any special certification or license.
The problem is that I need to submit something as the web form will not pass me forward.
Any idea?

2. Employment Reference Letter (required)
Document: Employment Reference Letter
You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.
Reference letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company's full address and telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.
The letter should include all of the following information:
the specific period of your employment with the company
the positions you held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
full details of your main responsibilities in each position
your total annual salary plus benefits
the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company
a business card of the person signing

#TOMBO83: The problem is that I was a CEO and shareholder of a business for the last 5 years. Before that I have worked 1 year but it's impossible to gather any reference (change of the management, it was 6 years ago). So I can't prepare the reference letter for myself :)
I'm 31 years old so I don't have any other work experience.
Any ideas?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding the Proof of requirement, the requirements are usually mentioned in the job offer letter. At least, for my application, that was the case. The offer letter stated that for Postdoc fellow role, the requirement is PhD degree completion. So I attached my PhD degree as proof that I fulfil the requirements.

For the second questions, maybe a reference letter from one of the companies that you dealt with during your time as CEO would suffice. But that's just my opinion, some seniors might be more helpful for the second comment.

danijel

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!
please,if anybody knows--I want to apply for work permit with carpenter occupation.
in my visa office for work permit need 3 months--is it same with this occupation or it can be done faster?
cause its high demand
thanks!

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Check the duration of work permit in CIC website and it depends from which country you are applying?

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tombo83 said:
2. Employment Reference Letter (required)
Document: Employment Reference Letter

#TOMBO83: The problem is that I was a CEO and shareholder of a business for the last 5 years. Before that I have worked 1 year but it's impossible to gather any reference (change of the management, it was 6 years ago). So I can't prepare the reference letter for myself :)
I'm 31 years old so I don't have any other work experience.
Any ideas?
I manage to solve the second problem. I will add reference letters from vendors I worked with and business partners + I will add short explanation why I'm doing that.

Point 1 is pending as I'm waiting for the official job offer letter with the requirements.

tombo83

Sep 25, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my WP - 2,5 years!
Today I will have my passport and POE. Now I can book the flight ticket:)

Thank you for help and support.