+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit Mexican applicant

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Hello,

First of all, how are permits approved within 3 months of applying? I've been waiting for 7 months for my work permit from Mexico, I just did my biometrics 2 weeks ago, but I applied since last year. Does anyone knows how much longer I need to wait? Or what can I do? I have contacted Mexico City office (that's where my application is being process), but I always receive a generic answer. It's super frustrating. I would really appreciate advices or any insight if i.need to wait longer. My employer keeps asking about this, and I feel like I would lose the opportunity to work there.

HenryCoronel

Jul 12, 2021
Hi there. We're on the same boat. I'm from Mexico as well, I applied for closed WP last year, but wasn't able to give biometrics due to collection center closure, until early May this year I could give my biometrics; up until now I haven't received any update. What confuses me is that on IRCC website says that processing times for visa office in Mexico is 2 weeks, so not idea how long it'll take to receive good news. Let me know if you have got any updates or luckily the approval of your application. I'll keep you posted too.

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Hi there. We're on the same boat. I'm from Mexico as well, I applied for closed WP last year, but wasn't able to give biometrics due to collection center closure, until early May this year I could give my biometrics; up until now I haven't received any update. What confuses me is that on IRCC website says that processing times for visa office in Mexico is 2 weeks, so not idea how long it'll take to receive good news. Let me know if you have got any updates or luckily the approval of your application. I'll keep you posted too.
Hello! Did you get any news at all? Now on the website it says 8 weeks. It's super frustrating

revbunny

Aug 18, 2021
Hello! Did you get any news at all? Now on the website it says 8 weeks. It's super frustrating
hey! same situation here... but I submitted my application at the end of July thinking it was only going to take ~5 weeks according to what the website said at that time. Now I am without a job waiting for the email to say it is approved, but now that I read this I am starting to get hopeless. I need money and I dont know if I should accept a job offer here in Mexico just to avoid ending up with no visa at all. :( :(
Have you guys had any update on your process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hey! same situation here... but I submitted my application at the end of July thinking it was only going to take ~5 weeks according to what the website said at that time. Now I am without a job waiting for the email to say it is approved, but now that I read this I am starting to get hopeless. I need money and I dont know if I should accept a job offer here in Mexico just to avoid ending up with no visa at all. :( :(
Estimated processing times are now up around 10 weeks which unfortunately applies to your application as well.

Tough call on what to do (i.e. if you should wait or take a local job).

Good luck.

Reactions: revbunny

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
I would strongly advice to take a job in Mexico, when I applied back in December it was saying 3 weeks processing time.

I just went back to work again, it's frustrating not to know anything at all, and no updates. While I have seen study permits from Mexico take only 2 weeks.

revbunny

Aug 18, 2021
I would strongly advice to take a job in Mexico, when I applied back in December it was saying 3 weeks processing time.

I just went back to work again, it's frustrating not to know anything at all, and no updates. While I have seen study permits from Mexico take only 2 weeks.
Thanks for your response. It is very frustrating indeed and its been only 2 weeks since i submitted the application, cant even imagine your situation.
My dilema here is that if I start a job here and eventually my work permit is approved, I would have to give up a newly started job which won´t look quite good or decline the job offer in canada that I had already accepted which would look very bad as well.o_O

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response. It is very frustrating indeed and its been only 2 weeks since i submitted the application, cant even imagine your situation.
My dilema here is that if I start a job here and eventually my work permit is approved, I would have to give up a newly started job which won´t look quite good or decline the job offer in canada that I had already accepted which would look very bad as well.o_O
The other factor to consider is that it's not an absolute guarantee that the work permit will be approved.

Based on your other post, it looks like you quit your current job a bit prematurely. If you could go back in time, I would say absolutely do not do that until you have an approved WP in hand. Of course you can't go back in time, so you have to make a call with the information you have. The information you have is that it's unknown how long the WP will take to process, but probably safe to assume at least 10 weeks. And you don't know for sure it will be approved.

Dmora12

Mar 12, 2021
Hello! Hope you are doing great! I just wanted to share some news, I got my approval today and it was exactly 10 weeks after I gave biometrics, I'm thinking probably the 10 weeks are starting after you give you biometrics. But I applied since December last year, hopefully this helps you and hopefully you get some news soon

revbunny

Aug 18, 2021
Hello! Hope you are doing great! I just wanted to share some news, I got my approval today and it was exactly 10 weeks after I gave biometrics, I'm thinking probably the 10 weeks are starting after you give you biometrics. But I applied since December last year, hopefully this helps you and hopefully you get some news soon
Wowwww!! Great news! Congrats!

Many thanks for sharing the good news. I will keep waiting :)