App. Filed.......
03/10/2011
Doc's Request.
21/07/2011
Nomination.....
14/12/2011
IELTS Request
not
Hi, I live in USA but my work permit application is from Sao Paulo ,Brazil. Now I received request for medical, can I just make the medical here in USA?
Thanks
Chris

xsrevelo01

Apr 30, 2012
I don't see why not as long as you go to a designated medical practitioner (not any doctor). The medical practitioner will send the results directly to CIC in Canada who will forward the recommendation to the embassy in Brazil. I just got the medical exam done last week in Kansas City and they sent the results whithin 4 days. Now I am waiting to hear from the embassy (I apply via the Washington office).

I have a question: Did you receive any instructions about what to do with your passport after you get the medical examination done? You will need you passport for the medical exam but they will not take it or send it with the medical examinations. Are you supposed to mail it back to the embassy?

Good luck!

chrisemo said:
Hi, I live in USA but my work permit application is from Sao Paulo ,Brazil. Now I received request for medical, can I just make the medical here in USA?
Thanks
Chris

chrisemo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/10/2011
Doc's Request.
21/07/2011
Nomination.....
14/12/2011
IELTS Request
not
Brazil consul asks for the passport in advance ,so my passport is there already.I called the doctor to make a appointment and he said the copy is OK.They will ask for your passport after received the medical back, probably 3 to 7 days only. Good luck for you too.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I read this morning that a copy of the PP would not be accepted. Here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf
Pg 61, 11.2 Verifying ID "The DMP must confirm the ID of the app using a govt issued PhotoID doc such as a pp or national id card. When a pp is not available, only an original national id document incorporating a photo, full name, date of birth and signature can be substituted. The national id card should have been issued within the last 10 years. PHOTOCOPIES (certified or not certified) of pp or nat id docs are not acceptable."