+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit inside Canada

Kapil9099

Dec 22, 2023
Hello I am an international student and I came back in Jan 2020. I came with a bachelors in CS and in the second semester of bachelors I took only three courses and became part time student. But then I withdrew from bachelors and I went to Advanced diploma where I was full time for all the semesters and then I withdrew from advanced diploma and took diploma and finally graduated in fall 2023. My question is am I eligible for pgwp as I was part time in second sem of bachelors but i graduated with diploma in electrical engineering where I was full time for all the semesters. Would I have to provide a justification letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I am an international student and I came back in Jan 2020. I came with a bachelors in CS and in the second semester of bachelors I took only three courses and became part time student. But then I withdrew from bachelors and I went to Advanced diploma where I was full time for all the semesters and then I withdrew from advanced diploma and took diploma and finally graduated in fall 2023. My question is am I eligible for pgwp as I was part time in second sem of bachelors but i graduated with diploma in electrical engineering where I was full time for all the semesters. Would I have to provide a justification letter?
If you completed your diploma, full time with no breaks then you are eligible for a PGWP. Assume you notified IRCC when you changed schools and your study permit was valid.

Kapil9099

Dec 22, 2023
Yes it was valid but do I need to provide justification why it took me time to complete diploma in 3.5 years?