Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Hey all, would anyone know if the government changed it's stance on refusing to process new work permit by visitors in canada ? My sister in law has had a possitive lmia in her name since early april and to this day the employer is telling her she should apply because of the public policy allowing visitors in canada to apply for work permit. She's showed him the ministerial update and other sources that says visitors can't apply but he still feels convinced she can.

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Hey all, would anyone know if the government changed it's stance on refusing to process new work permit by visitors in canada ? My sister in law has had a possitive lmia in her name since early april and to this day the employer is telling her she should apply because of the public policy allowing visitors in canada to apply for work permit. She's showed him the ministerial update and other sources that says visitors can't apply but he still feels convinced she can.
No can’t as they change the rules

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
No can’t as they change the rules
Thank you for answering this. So i called a different consultant which verified that visiters can no longer apply for work permit inside canada under caregiver lmia. Now the employer went out today and talked to a consultant and told him that it is still possible to apply for a work permit. My poor sister in law can't decide. I tried calling ircc but they won't put me in the queue because of a large volume of calls.. i don't understand why this consultant would say it's still possible. urggg

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Thank you for answering this. So i called a different consultant which verified that visiters can no longer apply for work permit inside canada under caregiver lmia. Now the employer went out today and talked to a consultant and told him that it is still possible to apply for a work permit. My poor sister in law can't decide. I tried calling ircc but they won't put me in the queue because of a large volume of calls.. i don't understand why this consultant would say it's still possible. urggg
Yes it is but she can apply from outside ca and waiting for visa.if she is eligible

xornik

Aug 25, 2014
Hello, Any news for those who applied for WP (LMIA)based? I'd like to ask since almost everyone who was approved had an existing HSWP or HCCP 2020 application. What happens if the existing applications get approved too?

As I understand, WP(LMIA) application will have Employer Specific Work Permit while HCCP/HSW will have an Occupation Restricted Open Work Permit. Will IRCC convert the permits if the LMIA -based gets approved first? or we'll just have to continue with the Employer Specific work permit till we get our 24 months' experience?