+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit ICT (LMIA Exempt) -File transferred to London Visa office

sourav31

Oct 3, 2016
Hi All
I need some help and suggestions. My ICT work permit (LMIA exempt) was filed by the employer on 9th June 2022 in the Netherlands. I called IRCC 3 weeks back and they said that my file is in the Edmonton office and is almost completed ( but the IVR status only shows that the background check is in progress )but when today I called they told me that the file was transferred to London Visa office last week. What could that mean? And now how much time London office will take, is there any WhatsApp group or excel sheet for the same? Will the application timelines be reset? I was not able to find any information about the work permit file getting transferred. The only information I was able to find is that for the Netherlands the nearest VO is London. Please suggest and help. thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All
I need some help and suggestions. My ICT work permit (LMIA exempt) was filed by the employer on 9th June 2022 in the Netherlands. I called IRCC 3 weeks back and they said that my file is in the Edmonton office and is almost completed ( but the IVR status only shows that the background check is in progress )but when today I called they told me that the file was transferred to London Visa office last week. What could that mean? And now how much time London office will take, is there any WhatsApp group or excel sheet for the same? Will the application timelines be reset? I was not able to find any information about the work permit file getting transferred. The only information I was able to find is that for the Netherlands the nearest VO is London. Please suggest and help. thanks
IRCC will often move files to different visa offices if one VO is overloaded. That's probably what's happened to your file.

No, this doesn't mean that processing times restart from scratch / reset. However hard to say how much longer you may be waiting since processing times are generally delayed right now. Not much you can do but wait. There's unfortunately no way to speed up processing.

Good luck.

Reactions: sourav31

sourav31

Oct 3, 2016
IRCC will often move files to different visa offices if one VO is overloaded. That's probably what's happened to your file.

No, this doesn't mean that processing times restart from scratch / reset. However hard to say how much longer you may be waiting since processing times are generally delayed right now. Not much you can do but wait. There's unfortunately no way to speed up processing.

Good luck.
Thanks , it’s already been 15 weeks. I thought transferring the file to local VO is the final step and part of the work visa process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks , it’s already been 15 weeks. I thought transferring the file to local VO is the final step and part of the work visa process.
In my opinion, the shifting around you are seeing is more likely due to IRCC shifting workloads between visa offices.

It's hard to comment on the processing time and what you should expect. Generally speaking, most temprorary visas (including work permits) are taking longer to process right now than the posted processing time.

Anyway, unfortunately nothing you can do but wait.

Reactions: sourav31