+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

hmt25

Oct 16, 2021
What does the phone automated system say your status is after you received the PPR?
It says your application was approved. But, till yesterday morning, i was getting the message that review of my eligibility hasn't started.

CuriousVisa

Oct 13, 2021
My detailed timeline:-
Lawyers filed the online application - Sep 5th
Received Letter for Biometrics - Sep 6th
Biometrics Completed - Sep 15th
PPR Approved - Oct 18th
Send Email to VFS for Shipping Label - Oct 19th
Payment Made for Shipping Label - Oct 20th (VFS LA took 1 day to respond)
Shipping Label provided by VFS LA - Oct 21st
Shipped Passport - Oct 21st
Received Passport back - Oct 27th

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
is it possible to check the status of the application using passport number?
No, you’ll need your application number and year of birth. If you have access to your Biometrics Instruction Letter, you should be able to get your application number off of it or otherwise ask the attorney/person who filed your application for the application number.

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
No, you’ll need your application number and year of birth. If you have access to your Biometrics Instruction Letter, you should be able to get your application number off of it or otherwise ask the attorney/person who filed your application for the application number.
I have application number. how to check it from US? is there a number that works? I guess we can get an automated response.

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
I have application number. how to check it from US? is there a number that works? I guess we can get an automated response.
+1-888-242-2100
You can only connect to that line if you call using a Canadian number. Since it’s a toll free number, you can use the TextNow app and choose a Canadian number when you set it up. Yoy can then call the number and access the automated system.

celix24

Oct 31, 2021
+1-888-242-2100
You can only connect to that line if you call using a Canadian number. Since it’s a toll free number, you can use the TextNow app and choose a Canadian number when you set it up. Yoy can then call the number and access the automated system.
Just wondering, is it possible to check with just the application number? The lawyer from the company is handling the application, so I don't have UCI. Thanks.

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
Just wondering, is it possible to check with just the application number? The lawyer from the company is handling the application, so I don't have UCI. Thanks.
Yes you can. It will ask you in the beginning if you have your UCI number. Press 2 for no and then follow the rest of the steps until you reach the application number part.

Reactions: rishuaj

NBD1312

Oct 3, 2021
Ppl who have send passport to VFS can u tel me what all should be filled and in what places should we sign the consent form?

celix24

Oct 31, 2021
Yes you can. It will ask you in the beginning if you have your UCI number. Press 2 for no and then follow the rest of the steps until you reach the application number part.
Thanks, called the number and it says they are doing the background check. Any idea how long it's gonna take? I submitted my biometrics on September 8th, and suppose to start working on December 6th, but my current UK visa is expiring in 2 weeks, so it's getting really really close ...

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
Thanks, called the number and it says they are doing the background check. Any idea how long it's gonna take? I submitted my biometrics on September 8th, and suppose to start working on December 6th, but my current UK visa is expiring in 2 weeks, so it's getting really really close ...
It’s hard to determine an accurate timeline with the pandemic. I am going on 16 weeks this week after biometrics and it still says they are processing the background check. I submitted additional documents they requested 4 weeks ago and haven’t received any updates since. If I was in your case, I would prepare a plan B in case it takes longer than 2 weeks. As I understand, there is no problem leaving the country you applied from after you submit your application. You’ll need to inform IRCC of your new address and country and then once your application is processed, they’ll instruct you to send your passport to the VAC nearest to you.

hmt25

Oct 16, 2021
I don't think there is any timeline for that and not sure how often system is updated. Based on my experience (and couple of others shared this as well), IRCC kept showing that background checks are in process even one day before approvals. That was the case with ICT-WP, not sure about other processes.

Oct 15, 2021
I don't think there is any timeline for that and not sure how often system is updated. Based on my experience (and couple of others shared this as well), IRCC kept showing that background checks are in process even one day before approvals. That was the case with ICT-WP, not sure about other processes.
Same with eligibility criteria right?