+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit (from outside Canada)

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Oh my dear I applied WP based on PNP online (New Delhi) office on March 5 2023 and still waiting they just updated my Biometric and still they didn’t even open my file don’t know what’s going on
I applied on 10 March from Singapore and just waiting for PPR now. it’a been 23.5 weeks. Have you received any result?

newcan2022

Jun 24, 2022
I applied online for LMIA exempt closed temporary work permit (from outside Canada - India) on May 28, 2023 and didn't get Biometrics Collection Letter yet (as of June 1). Can someone please share their timeline for recent Work permit (from outside Canada) application?

My Timeline:
Biometrics Collection Letter - ????????
Submission Confirmation - May 28, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - May 28, 2023

Hey Krishna,
Did you receive WP?

shreyas12

Aug 3, 2023
Hello thread!

Does anyone know what's the realistic timeline of SOWP at the moment? I have submitted biometrics and Medical Exams upfront for the application!

TIA!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello thread!

Does anyone know what's the realistic timeline of SOWP at the moment? I have submitted biometrics and Medical Exams upfront for the application!

TIA!
There is no such thing as realistic timeline
Every application is handled differently
Based on the current country of residence of the applicant, the timeline will vary
One must pass Eligibility to get approved

shreyas12

Aug 3, 2023
There is no such thing as realistic timeline
Every application is handled differently
Based on the current country of residence of the applicant, the timeline will vary
One must pass Eligibility to get approved
The work permit outside Canada for India on the processing times link for IRCC is shown as 8 weeks, is that the timeline I assume? Because I have read other threads that say it takes somewhere between 4-6 months for SOWP.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
The work permit outside Canada for India on the processing times link for IRCC is shown as 8 weeks, is that the timeline I assume? Because I have read other threads that say it takes somewhere between 4-6 months for SOWP.
8 weeks is an average only

it can take longer than that based on application

4 months is reasonable

Spreet

Jul 17, 2022
i had my pnp approved from nivascotia (applied from india) ,in may , i applied work permit on 6 june , i got work permit refusal on 1sept saying that -

You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work
you seek.

i had everything perfect , they approved pnp but not work permit,my pr application still in process.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i had my pnp approved from nivascotia (applied from india) ,in may , i applied work permit on 6 june , i got work permit refusal on 1sept saying that -

You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work
you seek.

i had everything perfect , they approved pnp but not work permit,my pr application still in process.
So wait for PR application to be approved. Your application must not have been “perfect” as you said.

Spreet

Jul 17, 2022
So wait for PR application to be approved. Your application must not have been “perfect” as you said.
i mean as per paper work , i was satisfied. but now i am worried about my pr application too , the time for skilled worker is 17 months . should i just wait till the time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i mean as per paper work , i was satisfied. but now i am worried about my pr application too , the time for skilled worker is 17 months . should i just wait till the time?
What is your NOC? And how did you show you can perform the work with education, work experience and language. Your employer would have not have offered you the job if you didn’t meet criteria. Yes, your PR application could be refused if you didn’t prove your qualifications. What does your employer say given they will have to wait a long time for an employee?

Spreet

Jul 17, 2022
So why did you say pipefitter as that is a totally different NOC? What is your experience as a food supervisor? Something weird going on.
435052 was my mistake , actual noc is 92012.
its a job offer from factory . on this my pnp was approved , i got aor of my pr application as well. is it often happen , with pnp also there are refusals .