+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit from Mexico...now marrying a Canadian and being sponsored..

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
A girl that I work with is here on a work permit from Mexico and she is marrying a Canadian guy that she met here. She was accepted for PNP in BC, but does not want to live in BC, instead in Alberta where her fiance's business is. He is going to sponsor her for PR through the family stream, (I believe she has cancelled the PNP already). I just had a couple of questions..

In order to sponsor her Outland (to preserve their right to appeal), will it interfere with her working permit at all??

If she plans to take her husband's last name, does she need to change her name in her passport and other documents before she can file her PR application??

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cdagal said:
A girl that I work with is here on a work permit from Mexico and she is marrying a Canadian guy that she met here. She was accepted for PNP in BC, but does not want to live in BC, instead in Alberta where her fiance's business is. He is going to sponsor her for PR through the family stream, (I believe she has cancelled the PNP already). I just had a couple of questions..

In order to sponsor her Outland (to preserve their right to appeal), will it interfere with her working permit at all??

If she plans to take her husband's last name, does she need to change her name in her passport and other documents before she can file her PR application??
What kind of work permit is she on? Unless it is an open permit, she cannot change provinces and employers without finding an employer who has obtained a positive LMO. Then she must apply for a Change of Conditions.

No, sponsoring outland will not interfer with her work permit.

Yes, she should change the name in her passport. The PR card will be issued in the name as written on the passport.