+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for Spouse

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Hello
I got my CSQ on 5th september 2019 and is valid for 2 years. I just got married few days ago and my spouse is in India and wants to accompany me in Canada. Based on my information i believe he will be issued a work permit. How much will it take for him to get the work permit and can come to Canada

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I got my CSQ on 5th september 2019 and is valid for 2 years. I just got married few days ago and my spouse is in India and wants to accompany me in Canada. Based on my information i believe he will be issued a work permit. How much will it take for him to get the work permit and can come to Canada
To answer this question, I need to know
What is your status in Canada right now?

Did you apply for PR ? If yes, under which category did you apply and did you receive a file number from Federal for your PR application?

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
I am on a work permit right now which will expire next year nov2020 and i have not applied yet for pr i am in my country right now will come and sign the papers so my lawyer can submit the pr file

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on a work permit right now which will expire next year nov2020 and i have not applied yet for pr i am in my country right now will come and sign the papers so my lawyer can submit the pr file
you can apply for Spousal Open Work Permit based on your Work Permit status. If you will apply under this category, you need to hold a job offer letter in NOC O, A or B category and have to show/attached the last three payslips with the application for your spouse.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But in quebec NOC C still counts so what happens next and how much for him to get the open work permit?
Well, we are talking about a work permit from CANADA. And as per CIC , the job must be in the NOC O, A or B category only.

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
So in that case i cannot have my spouse accompany me in Canada on an open work permit? Also what if i have a NOC 0 A Or B skill job, then how much time will it take to get his work permit?

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So in that case i cannot have my spouse accompany me in Canada on an open work permit? Also what if i have a NOC 0 A Or B skill job, then how much time will it take to get his work permit?
right now processing time varies from country to country.

It may take anything from 30 to 120 days .

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Also, what if my spouse dont want to accompany me for a year to canada i will still have to put my marraige certificate and documents in my federal PR file right?