+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for Refugees

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Does anyone know how long may it takes to get work permit if applied inside Canada? I applied for refugee inside Canada two months ago and asked for Work permit, I have received the Acknowledgment form but haven't got the interview schedule. Has anyone else went through a similar situation? if so, how long did it took you to get the work permit? Thanks!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Does anyone know how long may it takes to get work permit if applied inside Canada? I applied for refugee inside Canada two months ago and asked for Work permit, I have received the Acknowledgment form but haven't got the interview schedule. Has anyone else went through a similar situation? if so, how long did it took you to get the work permit? Thanks!!
In many cases these days it seems that IRCC isn't granting a work permit until after the interview.

Wait for others to respond to tell you their experiences.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
According to my searches on the IRCC website, I understood that those who apply for refugee inside Canada will not receive work permit until the eligibility interview is done, but those who claim refugee on the port of entries will receive their work permit after completing the medical exam.

Mswati

Mar 20, 2021
I did my refugee application from inside canada on August 27th 2021... I got my biometrics invite after 3 weeks
So mid september
And then did my interview on november 12th
And work permit is gonna be sent via mail by in 3 weeks time as told by officer.

Reactions: jinglebell0123

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
I did my refugee application from inside canada on August 27th 2021... I got my biometrics invite after 3 weeks
So mid september
And work permit is gonna be sent via mail by in 3 weeks time as told by officer.
I did my Eligibility Interview same date Nov 12th. It is very possible i saw you there, i was the only Black guy there that morning.
I claimed Refugee inside Canada on Oct 5th,
Did Medicals October 10th,
Eligibility Interview Nov 12th.
( the interview was just to sign documents and was told Work Permit will be mailed out me in 2 to 3 weeks).

Reactions: jinglebell0123

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
So mid september
Thanks for sharing your timeline, I applied on the same date as you did. But still nothing for the eligibility interview.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
I did my Eligibility Interview same date Nov 12th. It is very possible i saw you there, i was the only Black guy there that morning.
I claimed Refugee inside Canada on Oct 5th,
Did Medicals October 10th,
Eligibility Interview Nov 12th.
( the interview was just to sign documents and was told Work Permit will be mailed out me in 2 to 3 weeks).
Thanks for sharing your timeline, it is good news that 2 to 3 weeks after eligibility we will receive the work permit.

Reactions: Jaysonjide