+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for Refugees

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Dear Readers,

I am new in this forum. can any one help me how long it take to get work permit after i apply a case in IRB. i am currently in montreal. if any one have this experience kindly advise

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
They are currently expediting the process of giving out work permits to refugee claimants, with the hopes that this will alíviate the burden on the welfare system.

I got my work permit in 1-2 weeks after my application was submitted.

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
They are currently expediting the process of giving out work permits to refugee claimants, with the hopes that this will alíviate the burden on the welfare system.

WOW !
Thank you so much . it would be great .
one more question.

what places are hiring Refugee claimants and advise as you are in job hunting phase ?
thank you in advance

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto

did you apply online or by regular mail

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017

Dear gavendano,

When did you apply?
Was it online or paper based?

Thx

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
My lawyer’s office submitted my application online.

I’m pretty sure they are still expediting those WP.

A week or two ago a representative of the Minister was talking about that to the Parlament Comittee on Citizenship and Immigration (CIMM).

The video is posted on CIMM’s webpage, I don’t remember if he said an exact time frame for the issuance of the WP but he did say they were being expedited...