+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for permanent resident

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by Romeo007, Feb 16, 2013.

  1. Dears,

    I am a PR and I will get my offer very soon. I have as well CSQ.
    I don't have currently any work permit.

    Do I need to apply for work permit after getting my offer from the employer?
    How long it will require to have the work permit?

    Any idea? A link might be useful as well.

    Thanks in advance for the support.
  2. Since you are PR, you won't be eligible for work permit.

    Instead get a SIN from Service Canada and show it to your employer.
  3. Thanks Steaky :)

    Do you mean in other words, that a permanent resident will not require a work permit to be employed independent from his profession?
    I have already SIN number, so I am ready to start work. 8)

    Is this valid for all over Canada or it is specific for some provinces??

    Thanks in advance.
  4. Everywhere in Canada :)
  5. Thanks Steaky. :)

    I was trying to search if I can found the same information in CIC.GC.CA but did not found it. ???
  6. as a permanent resident you are considered a Canadian the only difference is
    you cant vote
    you cant use a canadian passport
    you must stay x amount of time each 5 year period to not loose your status

Share This Page