+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for Pakistani - LMIA requirements and Express Entry Plan

FatimaEman

Nov 30, 2019
Hi there,

This is the best platform where I can get enough information that I need regarding work permit.
I want to ask what if I get work permit from Canada. How much time will it take me to get the PR? And, also can anyone let me know is this possible to even get work permit easily? I heard that employer will have to state that he couldn't find anyone in Canada compatible to this person (which is impossible) so that's why he wants to send me work permit. So, what would be the procedure? How will the employer offer me work permit, if I apply?

My second question is, if I get work permit and apply for Express Entry Plan. Would that be good enough? As through this I can get direct PR and then apply for Nationality.

What should I do? To apply for jobs and get work permit if that's possible and move with work permit visa, then apply for PR. Or should I apply for jobs, get work permit and then apply through Express Entry Plan as this could add plus points in my profile.

Can anyone help me in this?

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,

This is the best platform where I can get enough information that I need regarding work permit.
I want to ask what if I get work permit from Canada. How much time will it take me to get the PR? And, also can anyone let me know is this possible to even get work permit easily? I heard that employer will have to state that he couldn't find anyone in Canada compatible to this person (which is impossible) so that's why he wants to send me work permit. So, what would be the procedure? How will the employer offer me work permit, if I apply?

My second question is, if I get work permit and apply for Express Entry Plan. Would that be good enough? As through this I can get direct PR and then apply for Nationality.

What should I do? To apply for jobs and get work permit if that's possible and move with work permit visa, then apply for PR. Or should I apply for jobs, get work permit and then apply through Express Entry Plan as this could add plus points in my profile.

Can anyone help me in this?

Thank you.
No, it is certainly not easy to get a work permit. An employer needs a positive LMIA to hire you. This process has strict requirements, takes many months and costs the employer a $1000, non-refundable even if the LMIA is refused. You then have to apply for the work permit, which would be several more months. Most employers are not willing to go through this process, so do not expect that you will be able to succeed in this route.

You need to actually research Canadian immigration. There is a LOT more to qualifying than just having a job in Canada.

You should focus on qualifying to immigrate, not trying to find a job.

FatimaEman

Nov 30, 2019
No, it is certainly not easy to get a work permit. An employer needs a positive LMIA to hire you. This process has strict requirements, takes many months and costs the employer a $1000, non-refundable even if the LMIA is refused. You then have to apply for the work permit, which would be several more months. Most employers are not willing to go through this process, so do not expect that you will be able to succeed in this route.

You need to actually research Canadian immigration. There is a LOT more to qualifying than just having a job in Canada.

You should focus on qualifying to immigrate, not trying to find a job.
Thanks for replying so quickly. What if I go by Visit visa and then apply for a job and get the work Visa? Then, come back to my country and go again through Work? Would that work?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replying so quickly. What if I go through Visit Visa and then apply for a job and get the work Visa? Then, come back to my country and go through Work Visa again?
Same as trying to find a job from outside of Canada. The employer still has to go through the exact same process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for replying so quickly. What if I go by Visit visa and then apply for a job and get the work Visa? Then, come back to my country and go again through Work? Would that work?
Don't waste your money and time doing this. It's next to impossible to get a job offer and LMIA no matter if you are inside or outside of Canada. Ylu almost certainly will not be successful. Focus on qualifying for PR without a job offer.

FatimaEman

Nov 30, 2019
Don't waste your money and time doing this. It's next to impossible to get a job offer and LMIA no matter if you are inside or outside of Canada. Ylu almost certainly will not be successful. Focus on qualifying for PR without a job offer.
I went to a consultant and she told me if you're there and get a job, it doesn't require LMIA process. As you would be there. Same like the process where foreigners go and then search for a job.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I went to a consultant and she told be if you're there and get a job, it doesn't require LMIA process. As you would be there. Same like the process where foreigners go and then search for a job.
100% false.

Your consultant is either a scammer or doesn't understand the basics about Canadian immigration. Don't take any further advice from this consultant.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well, thanks for the information. :) It was helpful.
FYI - there is a common scam where consultants tell you to pay them money for a visitor visa to Canada and then once you arrive in Canada, they will easily convert this to a work permit. This is fake and a scam. It's not possible to do this. Any consultant offering this is a scammer - they will take your money and you'll end up with no visa at all.