+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit for chef job

jenma2017

Sep 27, 2017
can i apply for a work permit for a chef job? i know we can only get one for skilled work, but what if i apply for a chef job at a restaurant? cooking is a skill right? i know that people go to cooking school, get post grad work permits in cooking and then become permanent residents. so will i be able to apply for a temporary work permit for a chef job?

currently have a study permit thats valid for a few more yrs. but is suspended from uoft for 3 yrs, and start school again somewhere else in september. can go back to home country in summer for personal reasons, and can't find a decent summer school program to attend. so i'm hoping to work in the summer, otherwise the only option i have is to go to school. or can i just have a full-on break in without going to school from may-sept?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can i apply for a work permit for a chef job? i know we can only get one for skilled work, but what if i apply for a chef job at a restaurant? cooking is a skill right? i know that people go to cooking school, get post grad work permits in cooking and then become permanent residents. so will i be able to apply for a temporary work permit for a chef job?

currently have a study permit thats valid for a few more yrs. but is suspended from uoft for 3 yrs, and start school again somewhere else in september. can go back to home country in summer for personal reasons, and can't find a decent summer school program to attend. so i'm hoping to work in the summer, otherwise the only option i have is to go to school. or can i just have a full-on break in without going to school from may-sept?
To apply for a work permit, you would need a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA. The LMIA process has strict requirements, costs $1000 and takes months to process.