+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit extension

Nov 28, 2023
Hello,
I came to Canada in October 2023 on spousal open work permit and my work permit was issued till July 2023 . My wife (study permit) and I had applied (Work permit) for extension on June 10 2023 almost two months before initial permits expired.my wife’s study has been done in August and after long time passed we didn’t get any response on extension files then she applied for PGWP and I also applied for WP extension in October after 10 days we got response on our files, my wife’s study permit extension and PGWP both files are approved but unfortunately my first extension file has been rejected ( that applied on June 10).
They gave me reason for that in refusal letter that my spouse has not working on any noc code A or B and they also advised me to stop working anymore as well as they said my status has been maintained unless they make decision on my new work permit file that I applied on October. Now my wife has been employed on Noc code job . I want to know can i get my work permit through flagpole???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I came to Canada in October 2023 on spousal open work permit and my work permit was issued till July 2023 . My wife (study permit) and I had applied (Work permit) for extension on June 10 2023 almost two months before initial permits expired.my wife’s study has been done in August and after long time passed we didn’t get any response on extension files then she applied for PGWP and I also applied for WP extension in October after 10 days we got response on our files, my wife’s study permit extension and PGWP both files are approved but unfortunately my first extension file has been rejected ( that applied on June 10).
They gave me reason for that in refusal letter that my spouse has not working on any noc code A or B and they also advised me to stop working anymore as well as they said my status has been maintained unless they make decision on my new work permit file that I applied on October. Now my wife has been employed on Noc code job . I want to know can i get my work permit through flagpole???
What is your status in Canada right not? So your WP extension was refused in October so you would have stopped working and changed your status. If you don’t have status or on implied status then don’t flagpole. Apply online.

Nov 28, 2023
I am on implied status because I already have applied for another work permit extension in October with my Spouse’s PGWP file.

I got the following reasons in my refusal letter:-

[X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market
Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status has been maintained until a
decision is made on the application for extension you submitted on October 19, 2023. However,
you are no longer authorized to engage in work or study at this time.

Nov 28, 2023
I have one more question, however my wife has been employed on required job noc code from one month and I have uploaded her first payslip as well as job letter through webform. But she have been pregnant and will stop working by tomorrow because her delivery due on December 5. Is this thing will effects my file ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have one more question, however my wife has been employed on required job noc code from one month and I have uploaded her first payslip as well as job letter through webform. But she have been pregnant and will stop working by tomorrow because her delivery due on December 5. Is this thing will effects my file ??
It may because IRCC usually wants to see more than one payslip. What does her job letter say since she is delivering in a week? Point of job letter is to say that she will be working with them over the long term or at least 6 months. All you can do is wait. Does she have provincial health care if she hasn’t worked? Assume you have funds to sustain yourself since it could be 4-5 months for a response.

Nov 28, 2023
Yes, she is covered in provincial health card. Actually we were waiting for permits from June and she had been working on part time job after completed their study she was temporarily stopped work and when her PGWP approved she again started work on part time job and hired on new full time job. We got the job letter from new employer by requesting him, on the same day (hiring day). New employer provided job letter by written job duties and job noc code but also mentioned she will start work with us by tomorrow. Now she has worked on full time job almost one month.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, she is covered in provincial health card. Actually we were waiting for permits from June and she had been working on part time job after completed their study she was temporarily stopped work and when her PGWP approved she again started work on part time job and hired on new full time job. We got the job letter from new employer by requesting him, on the same day (hiring day). New employer provided job letter by written job duties and job noc code but also mentioned she will start work with us by tomorrow. Now she has worked on full time job almost one month.
Usually IRCC wants to see 3 pay stubs. All you can do is wait the 4-5 months. How long is she taking off because she can’t have much mat leave. Mat leave is not a lot of money especially if you aren’t working.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What province do you live in? Was she working part-time for this employer first? It is extremely unusual to get hired for a full-time job at 8-9 months pregnant because employer doesn’t want to train someone who will stop working potentially almost immediately since babies come early, many can’t work up to a certain point in pregnancy, etc. How did your spouse find this job and do you know the employer? Has you wife enough hours to qualify for maternity EI payments? Given that she has just started her job she isn’t guaranteed to have a job after returning from any type of leave. If she has left her job and is not guaranteed a job on her return you can’t declare that she is currently working which will impact your WP application.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023
What province do you live in? Was she working part-time for this employer first? It is extremely unusual to get hired for a full-time job at 8-9 months pregnant because employer doesn’t want to train someone who will stop working potentially almost immediately since babies come early, many can’t work up to a certain point in pregnancy, etc. How did your spouse find this job and do you know the employer? Has you wife enough hours to qualify for maternity EI payments? Given that she has just started her job she isn’t guaranteed to have a job after returning from any type of leave. If she has left her job and is not guaranteed a job on her return you can’t declare that she is currently working which will impact your WP application.
Hi there,

Actually she had done her interview approximately 2 months before and everything was good but due to her status she didn’t start job that time. We don’t know the employer personally, we met him when she dropped her resume there. She got her maternity leave on behalf of her part time job because her part time job fulfilling the requirements and as i told you she did full time job only for one month and due to health concerns she had to temporarily leave the job ( i have also doctor note of that date) and after 10 days she delivered baby unfortunately she got c-section and our baby also suffered from serious health problems due to technical issues of hospital (everything is on record)and i have detailed notes of hospital regarding it . I only uploaded one pay stub on my file and i have one more pay stub of next pay cycle that month(but . Now my wife is on maternity leave( she will start work again as soon as she recover). Now i want to know , should i need to inform ircc and what chances of approval my permit?

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Hi there,

Actually she had done her interview approximately 2 months before and everything was good but due to her status she didn’t start job that time. We don’t know the employer personally, we met him when she dropped her resume there. She got her maternity leave on behalf of her part time job because her part time job fulfilling the requirements and as i told you she did full time job only for one month and due to health concerns she had to temporarily leave the job ( i have also doctor note of that date) and after 10 days she delivered baby unfortunately she got c-section and our baby also suffered from serious health problems due to technical issues of hospital (everything is on record)and i have detailed notes of hospital regarding it . I only uploaded one pay stub on my file and i have one more pay stub of next pay cycle that month(but . Now my wife is on maternity leave( she will start work again as soon as she recover). Now i want to know , should i need to inform ircc and what chances of approval my permit?
Hello,
Did you get approval with one pay stub? I applied for my Spousal open work permit extension with my spouse’s(PGWP holder)one pay stub as he was just joined it. So I am little worried.

Nov 28, 2023
Hello,
Did you get approval with one pay stub? I applied for my Spousal open work permit extension with my spouse’s(PGWP holder)one pay stub as he was just joined it. So I am little worried.
Hi ,

i have been still waiting for response since mid of October & am not sure i will get positive or negative response, if you have applied recently you can upload next pay stubs when your husband will get that. Its will take approximately 3-6 months to response so you have enough time frame to upload biweekly webforms and if you still have your valid initial work permit or visitor permit then flagpole would be the best option for you at this time with one paystub

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Hi ,

i have been still waiting for response since mid of October & am not sure i will get positive or negative response, if you have applied recently you can upload next pay stubs when your husband will get that. Its will take approximately 3-6 months to response so you have enough time frame to upload biweekly webforms and if you still have your valid initial work permit or visitor permit then flagpole would be the best option for you at this time with one paystub
I can’t flagpole and I applied on 29th November so the best option would be to upload pay stubs via webform. Thanks for the reply.

Anushaja

Feb 1, 2024
Hi ,

Hello, Is there any update on your application?