+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

Bubbler

Oct 28, 2020
Hello, I currently waiting on a decision on my Appeal from the RAD ,how ever my work permit is going to expire In April and online it takes 176 days so I wanna start early so I won’t lose my job But my lawyer is asking $2000 to file for the extension for me .. I started it online my self I have few questions

1 they asking about if I did medical in last 12 months I remember doing one a year ago when I just apply for my refugee. Do I have to do another medical

2. they are asking to upload my passport but my passport is with immigration they took it when I apply for refugee and it is also expired do I use my refugee ID please some one who has done this before can u help me thanks

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hi,

You better do it yourself. There is no point paying the lawyer. I have applied myself.

I mentioned "No" to the medical question as I did medical about 1.5 years ago.

They must have given you copies of all pages of your passport when you applied for refugee status. Scan and uplaod that, if you don't have it, upload your any other ID and explain to them why you don't have the passport.

Bubbler

Oct 28, 2020
Hi,

You better do it yourself. There is no point paying the lawyer. I have applied myself.

I mentioned "No" to the medical question as I did medical about 1.5 years ago.

They must have given you copies of all pages of your passport when you applied for refugee status. Scan and uplaod that, if you don't have it, upload your any other ID and explain to them why you don't have the passport.
Ok .. but my passport is expired would that be a problem

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I don't think so, it will be a problem. As you are not allowed to renew your home country passport anyway. My passport is still valid however my wife's passport had expired but I still attached the copies of it.

One thing I did, on the application form if you enter the expiry date which was in past, it don't let you continue. So, I just changed the year of expiry date in the form and added a note to her application explaining this. I am not sure if it was the right way to do it but that's how I did it.

Bubbler

Oct 28, 2020
I don't think so, it will be a problem. As you are not allowed to renew your home country passport anyway. My passport is still valid however my wife's passport had expired but I still attached the copies of it.

One thing I did, on the application form if you enter the expiry date which was in past, it don't let you continue. So, I just changed the year of expiry date in the form and added a note to her application explaining this. I am not sure if it was the right way to do it but that's how I did it.
Ok thanks..

Jagdeep121

Oct 12, 2017
Hello, I currently waiting on a decision on my Appeal from the RAD ,how ever my work permit is going to expire In April and online it takes 176 days so I wanna start early so I won’t lose my job But my lawyer is asking $2000 to file for the extension for me .. I started it online my self I have few questions

1 they asking about if I did medical in last 12 months I remember doing one a year ago when I just apply for my refugee. Do I have to do another medical

2. they are asking to upload my passport but my passport is with immigration they took it when I apply for refugee and it is also expired do I use my refugee ID please some one who has done this before can u help me thanks
Hi,

I am applying for extension. They asking me for police Certificate and medical exam. I cant get a police Certificate since am refugee claimant and my medical was done 2 years ago. Dont know what to do. Pls help

Bubbler

Oct 28, 2020
Can you apply before the 30 days of your expire work permit..I want to apply before the 30 days because of how long it takes now to process your work permit

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Can you apply before the 30 days of your expire work permit..I want to apply before the 30 days because of how long it takes now to process your work permit
Yes you can apply 90 days before
The process time is more then 6 months now days

lantu68

Jun 21, 2019
Hi,

I am applying for extension. They asking me for police Certificate and medical exam. I cant get a police Certificate since am refugee claimant and my medical was done 2 years ago. Dont know what to do. Pls help
I have the same question with you, did you provide POLICE CERTIFICATE?
I have no idea where can I have that.