+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension (SINP)

Bnds

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
I got my SINP in November and I filed my PR waiting for File number. I was a student and My open work permit is expiring in few months my question is I can apply for Bridging Open work permit if I get my file number before my work permit expires or do I need to apply for closed work permit? My employer did job approval part but he is not willing to apply for work permit. Please anyone suggest me what to do. Thanks

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bnds said:
I got my SINP in November and I filed my PR waiting for File number. I was a student and My open work permit is expiring in few months my question is I can apply for Bridging Open work permit if I get my file number before my work permit expires or do I need to apply for closed work permit? My employer did job approval part but he is not willing to apply for work permit. Please anyone suggest me what to do. Thanks
if you got sinp then i dont think so u will get open work permit. as per my knowledge sinp issue thier certi with employment restriction.
u must have to apply with help of your employer. if you employer doesnt interested to help you for lmia then do one thing.

when you work permit is going to expire? currently pr process takes 12 months to finish it.you should apply your bridging work permit
very close date of your current work permit expired. that will give u implied status and u can carry on your work. you will not get your open
work permit but will earn some time to finsih your pr process.

i dont see any other option wihch is better for you because even sinp gave you work permit support letter included with
employer's name . am i right?

try this game to escape from employer's obligation or unwillingness to help you.
Correct me if i m wrong.
good luck

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
SINP What category?

If nomination is tied to a job offer, you can't apply BOWP. You must get a Close WP LMIA-exempt

If nomination is not tied to a job offer, and your PGWP is expiring in 4 months, you can get BOWP

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
mf4361 said:
SINP What category?

If nomination is tied to a job offer, you can't apply BOWP. You must get a Close WP LMIA-exempt

If nomination is not tied to a job offer, and your PGWP is expiring in 4 months, you can get BOWP
Not trying to hijack this thread.

I was nominated under the Student Category but my employer applied for a job approval letter. There is a "Yes" answer to employment restriction.

In my case, the employer has to pay the Compliance fee of $230 right? And i can only apply for the extension when i get my file number?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yengyeng said:
Not trying to hijack this thread.

I was nominated under the Student Category but my employer applied for a job approval letter. There is a "Yes" answer to employment restriction.

In my case, the employer has to pay the Compliance fee of $230 right? And i can only apply for the extension when i get my file number?
Correct.

You can apply as soon as you have SINP nomination.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
mf4361 said:
Correct.

You can apply as soon as you have SINP nomination.
Oh really? Oh my! I should have applied then but someone advise I wait for my file number and probably 4 months to the expiration of my work permit.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yengyeng said:
Oh really? Oh my! I should have applied then but someone advise I wait for my file number and probably 4 months to the expiration of my work permit.
since SINP Student Cat ties you to your job, you will need to apply PNP Closed WP. And you will receive a "Work permit support letter" along with nomination letter which allows you to apply Closed-WP-LMIA-exempted

S/he is probably referring to BOWP, and while it's true, it doesn't apply to you.

Bnds

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thanks guys! I' scared know I dont think my employer will apply any thing for me. I sent my pr file on dec6th didn't recieve any file number yet and my open work permit expires in June. I donno wat to do. Yes my snip is tied with employer and also I got a work permit extension letter along with SINP. please anyone let me know if I have any other options.

Bnds

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
hello guys anyone in my situation please let let me know the solution please! thanks

Nifemi05

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hi Bnds,
I think you should be good without your employer for BOWP.
1) if your PR was in in Dec 2015 I think you should get your file # (AOR) before June 2016 which is your expiration date. You still have a day to your actual expiration date to apply for BOWP but that will be online application as once you transmit your application will be received by CIC immediately and you receive confirmation letter in MyCIC. If it is paper application then you need like 5 days for CIC to receive it.
2) I do not know about your province nomination policy, if no restriction then go with the above (1) to skip your employer and closed WP
I think this help, research more for updates and options.
Good luck!
Regards.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Hi All, i spoke to a CIC agent and she told me my employer does not need to pay the Employer Compliance Fee because i have a Post Graduate Work Permit (Open Work Permit) Therefore, i am qualified for BOWP to extend my work permit based on my PR application file number and other supporting document.

See link below: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

pieceofcake

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/04/2015
Doc's Request.
nope
AOR Received.
22/07/2015
Med's Done....
26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
My wp will expire soon and PR is in process. Considering current situation wp will expired before I will have PR.
I have AOR (file number) and Medical done. Also I have SINP Work Permit Support Letter.
Is that enough for go to border and renew work permit?
I don't need open wp because I will stay work by same employer.
Thanks for any kind of answer.

pieceofcake

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/04/2015
Doc's Request.
nope
AOR Received.
22/07/2015
Med's Done....
26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
pieceofcake said:
My wp will expire soon and PR is in process. Considering current situation wp will expired before I will have PR.
I have AOR (file number) and Medical done. Also I have SINP Work Permit Support Letter.
Is that enough for go to border and renew work permit?
I don't need open wp because I will stay work by same employer.
Thanks for any kind of answer.
Please guys. I really need a help.
My boss pay Employer Compliance fee.

yengyeng

Jul 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2017
Wait to experts to comment. I'm also in the same situation but i'm planning on applying by paper. Not sure how border work permit extension works.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
yengyeng said:
Hi All, i spoke to a CIC agent and she told me my employer does not need to pay the Employer Compliance Fee because i have a Post Graduate Work Permit (Open Work Permit) Therefore, i am qualified for BOWP to extend my work permit based on my PR application file number and other supporting document.

See link below: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
To be eligible in BOWP, you will need both:

1) open WP (PGWP counts)
2) no restriction on employment on your nomination