+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension question PNP Ontario

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hi
I am nominated under Master's category in PNP Ontario and my current work permit expires in May 2012. However I just applied for PR and it will take about 9 to 12 months. So I need to extend my work permit.
I dont have work permit support letter than PNP applicants get because province does not really provide work permit support letter for Master's category).

I want to know how to go about applying work permit extension.
I have permanent management related job in a a very good company

And how do I know that my employer does not need to show recruitment effort i.e. how do i know if my job falls under National Occupational Classification 0, A and B codes

Should I ask my company to apply for LMO still

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They need to apply for an LMO but they don't need to show recruitment efforts, see http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/intstugrad.shtml

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Thanks Leon but what if you also have the provincial nominee certificate and PR is under process

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a PNP certificate, you should try to upload a copy of that in place on the LMO.

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
Leon is incorrect.

In order for the LMO exemption to trigger you need to provide a support letter from Ontario Immigration (which is not PNP certificate).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

In exercising its R204(c) authority, a province will provide the visa office with a letter containing
the necessary details such as the name(s) and birth date(s) of the individual(s) selected for the
specific job, information about the employer and place of work, the duration of the job, and how it
fits in with the employer's broader operations
. A copy of this letter will be attached to each TFW's
application and upon receipt – whether at a visa office or, for visa-exempt workers, at a port of
entry (POE) – the application shall be assessed for each individual as per usual procedures.
Role of the provinces
TFW-PS applicants do not require a nomination certificate

This letter is only provided PNP stream of international student with job offer and NOT of Master Student stream.

jayroy

Jul 3, 2012
Hey there,

From what I hear from your post, I am guessing you would have an answer to my querry.

I have the Ontario PNP certificate as well as the support letter. I am supposed to send my application for work permit and temporary resident visa to the Case Processing Center at Alberta.

However I am not sure which application package am I supposed to fill between the two below:

Application to Work in Canada: Work Permits
OR
Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker

Please advice. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay