+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension From Outside Canada.

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hello,

I have a close work permit, I am currently working in Canada and recently I get a new work permit and my old one will expire in A Month. Base on the old work permit, my wife holds an open work permit. Her visa expired but her work permit is still valid. She is back home in the Dominican Republic. Right now she doe not have a visa to travel and renew her work permit at the port of entry.

I was searching for information but I could not find anything. Can she extend her work permit being outside Canada? Because she has one still valid.

Thank you in advance.

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
She has a valid work permit, her visa already expired. applying for a new visa take long time but I dont want she lose this work permit because I extended the day before yesterday. my permit now is valid untill 2022, and her work permit will expired in October 3, 2020. So I want to extended but I dont know how to extend it since she is outside Canada.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"So I want to extended but I dont know how to extend it since she is outside Canada."
You can't, which is why I suggested you apply for a new one, which will come with a free TRV.