+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (August and Sept applicants)

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
For online applications they are now working on applications submitted on September 8. I have not received anything. Tried calling - the machine answer is yes we received your application on September 4, yes we are working on it. That's it.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I just called again and got to talk to an agent. I was lucky to have a nice and friendly one. My extension HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!! He said that for some reason it has not been shown in my online account and was also not mailed to me, but he promised to fix it right away!!!! AND!!!!! unbelievable news!!! I applied for only a short extension and was super concerned that because of this delay my extension would be too short and I would have to apply for another one right away. BUT! My new extension is valid till January 2018! I still can't believe it, it's 2 years!!!! My employer won't keep me for this long, but this just solves 99% of my problems! Now I can apply for PR and not worry that I might end up on an implied status!!!!

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
marjana.ukr said:
I just called again and got to talk to an agent. I was lucky to have a nice and friendly one. My extension HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!! He said that for some reason it has not been shown in my online account and was also not mailed to me, but he promised to fix it right away!!!! AND!!!!! unbelievable news!!! I applied for only a short extension and was super concerned that because of this delay my extension would be too short and I would have to apply for another one right away. BUT! My new extension is valid till January 2018! I still can't believe it, it's 2 years!!!! My employer won't keep me for this long, but this just solves 99% of my problems! Now I can apply for PR and not worry that I might end up on an implied status!!!!
same here...lol got approve, waiting for the hard copy...

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
marjana.ukr said:
Did you also call them or did it show up in your account? Mine still says open decision not started!
i just called cic this afternoon around 2pm and the agent said my extension has been approved just wit for 1 to two weeks for the hard copy, but same as you it didnt show up on my cic account that the decision is approved, did you asked them the validity of your new work permit?

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey friends
I have a question.
I was on PGWP and expired in last Dec. then i applied for extension.
Is that will be considered as extension for new employer or extension with same employer?

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
Has anyone seen it when you get the email saying the status update, and on the first page it says "approved" but you click on it and it still says open?

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
rgree said:
Has anyone seen it when you get the email saying the status update, and on the first page it says "approved" but you click on it and it still says open?
It happened 4 times to me and I heard other people having this experience too.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
roman_emperor08 said:
i just called cic this afternoon around 2pm and the agent said my extension has been approved just wit for 1 to two weeks for the hard copy, but same as you it didnt show up on my cic account that the decision is approved, did you asked them the validity of your new work permit?
He said it's valid till January 2018. Still hard to believe it's possible.

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
rgree said:
Now it updated and I got the PDF letter saying its been approved. Now just have to wait for the hard copy. As long as I have the hard copy before March 8, all is golden.

For the record - online, closed work permit, LIMA exempt, no medical required, submitted Oct 21, approved Feb 5.