+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (August and Sept applicants)

RainbowRaccoon

Mar 19, 2015
Yeah, I hear you. I used to check it every day too, but now I know nothing will change before Friday afternoon. Lately all the updates I see make me regret checking at all!

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Just saw it too. What can I say. Welcome to Canada. May be rethink if you really want to work and live in this country. It has created a good image for itself. But as you can see - the reality is far less bright. I'm seriously considering quitting everything and leaving Canada. I don't see a point working like a horse for minimum wage, giving 90% of my income for taxes, very modest housing and essential food and being trapped in these circumstances forever, while Canada praises itself for it's accomplishments. I'm done with bureaucracy and hypocrisy. I only have one life and I would like to live it, not serve a sentence for unknown sins.

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
They may give us actual dates in a few hrs... thats what happened last week.

@romanemperor - we are all in that boat, and probably most of us now on implied status because this is taking forever and a day. I have to break my implied status, because I have to go on a work trip early March. Which is a total nightmare. On the plus side, it means my boss will be stuck waiting for me to get a cab back to work at the end of the trip, as I apply for a new work permit and he sits there on the phone with HR and handing the nice man our corporate card ;).

Janiby

Aug 6, 2013
Anyone here applied for work permit extension last october 2015 ..any news??? Been checking my email everyday no update.

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
Janiby said:
Anyone here applied for work permit extension last october 2015 ..any news??? Been checking my email everyday no update.
Did you apply on paper or online? If it was online, tune in another month. They just started processing Sept. If it was on paper, you should have it soon.

I'm Oct 21 (online), so I am assuming late March

RainbowRaccoon

Mar 19, 2015
Ok ... so the strangest thing happened last night. After my rant in this thread I checked my emails in the evening ... I got an email from CIC saying my status has been updated. I was sure it was another mix up, but after logging in I found they approved my application!!! :eek:

I applied on OCTOBER 6th - online, same employer.

I still cannot believe it! If this is the case and my WP will be in my mailbox in a few days (won't believe it until then) ... than this proves their weekly website updates truly are a big joke on everyone here relying on this service. Some serious potheads running the show or what?

Wish everyone good luck with their papers!

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
RainbowRaccoon said:
Ok ... so the strangest thing happened last night. After my rant in this thread I checked my emails in the evening ... I got an email from CIC saying my status has been updated. I was sure it was another mix up, but after logging in I found they approved my application!!! :eek:

I still cannot believe it! If this is the case and my WP will be in my mailbox in a few days (won't believe it until then) ... than this proves their weekly website updates truly are a big joke on everyone here relying on this service. Some serious potheads running the show or what?

Wow, congrats and thanks for posting! Whatever it is - the web site or the way they work - it's a mess. Because regardless of what the web site says - the fact is that my extension is not here yet and I applied on September 4, online, same employer.

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
marjana.ukr said:
Wow, congrats and thanks for posting! Whatever it is - the web site or the way they work - it's a mess. Because regardless of what the web site says - the fact is that my extension is not here yet and I applied on September 4, online, same employer.
same here....waiting since sept 14

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Janiby said:

I have applied on Nov 2nd, paper base with same employer no issue yet...

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
RainbowRaccoon said:

Congrats

fashbaba

Jan 28, 2016
Guys please I need some guidance. I am about applying for my WP extension under Live in caregiver category. I am looking at the document checklist and I have some questions:
1. They are asking for offer of employment to a Foreign national exempt from LMIA with proof of payment from the employer. They said my employer should provide this to me
- my employer does not understand what this means. Are they asking him to provide a new offer letter to me or proof of exemption from LMIA??
2. A copy of LMIA provided by ESDC if applicable and a copy of job offer letter from your prospective employer
- my employer is not sure if by point number 2 above he is required to apply for a new LMIA for me or just provide the old Labour market opinion. Also he is confused on the difference between the offer letter in point number 1 and number 2 above
3. Photocopy of your return ticket if you have one
- My return ticket has expired. Do I need another one just to extend my work permit?

Thanks