+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (August and Sept applicants)

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
Sorry guys i tried to search again the post in fb forum but i cannot found it, i dont remember which forum i saw the post coz im a member of three different fb group exclusively for filipino applicants here in canada. But im very sure theres one guy posted that he rcvd his wp extension applied online last sept 4.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
ankris said:
I applied my work permit extension Online on 24Sep2015
Received extension approval email today
Great

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
MANN2014 said:
what i can figure out is this..

Canada is gong through economic recession
they are working more on student applications since students brings money from other countries
henceforth we are the ones who`s getting suffered for this economic crisis.
Did you rcvd your wp ext???

sssV

Sep 29, 2015
Hi Guys, just want to ask if anyone here experienced to apply their OWP renewal 4mos before it expire then decided to go home for a vacation in the Philippines since current OWP and Visa is still valid?

I am getting confused now whether should I apply before I go home or after I come back from my vacation but the problem is by the time I get back here then I will be close to the expiration date and I checked that processing time by paper takes up to 120 days. My OWP visa is expiring in August 15, 2016 and I am thinking of going home last week of April to May 15. My question is, If I will renew my owp first week of April and go home will it be a problem? Or it doesn’t matter since I still have a valid work permit and visa.

Thank you in advance!

rgree

Jan 20, 2016
sssV said:
Hi Guys, just want to ask if anyone here experienced to apply their OWP renewal 4mos before it expire then decided to go home for a vacation in the Philippines since current OWP and Visa is still valid?

I am getting confused now whether should I apply before I go home or after I come back from my vacation but the problem is by the time I get back here then I will be close to the expiration date and I checked that processing time by paper takes up to 120 days. My OWP visa is expiring in August 15, 2016 and I am thinking of going home last week of April to May 15. My question is, If I will renew my owp first week of April and go home will it be a problem? Or it doesn’t matter since I still have a valid work permit and visa.

Thank you in advance!

I applied in October, went home (US) for a week for Christmas, no issues. Still don't have my new wp yet, but no one does. I would say you should apply 4-5 months before your current permit is up, and I am pretty sure you can travel as long as your current one is still active. Once you are on implied status though, you are pretty well stuck here.

sssV

Sep 29, 2015
rgree said:
I applied in October, went home (US) for a week for Christmas, no issues. Still don't have my new wp yet, but no one does. I would say you should apply 4-5 months before your current permit is up, and I am pretty sure you can travel as long as your current one is still active. Once you are on implied status though, you are pretty well stuck here.
Oh thank you! You shed light to my worries! Yeah i don't think that my renewal application will even be opened by the time that I come back and you're right I still have a Valid WP n visa :)

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
I applied online work permit extension same employer still nothing news? Anyone here at the same boat who applied online last sept or oct?

RainbowRaccoon

Mar 19, 2015
Just checked the CIC updates and for online applicants (same employer) it says:
"140 days, working on applications received March 9, 2015".

And for paper applicants it says:
"120 days, working on applications received on unidentified NaN NaN"

March 9, 2015??? And what is it with the NaN NaN? I know time is relative, but they do need to look at their calendars from time to time ...

Is it only me or are they making a joke out of our lives?!

I applied on October 6th and yeah, I know, I am on implied status and I can stick around my job for a few months longer ... but I have been without OHIP ever since and healthcare out of our own pockets here is NOT cheap! And I am a taxpayer!

Just needed to vent it out, bureaucracy sucks bigtime ...

helen314

Jan 19, 2016
RainbowRaccoon said:
Just checked the CIC updates and for online applicants (same employer) it says:
"140 days, working on applications received March 9, 2015".

And for paper applicants it says:
"120 days, working on applications received on unidentified NaN NaN"

March 9, 2015??? And what is it with the NaN NaN? I know time is relative, but they do need to look at their calendars from time to time ...

Is it only me or are they making a joke out of our lives?

Yeah, I know, I am on implied status and I can stick around my job for a few months longer ... but I have been without OHIP ever since and healthcare out of our own pockets here is NOT cheap! And I am a taxpayer!

Just needed to vent it out, bureaucracy sucks bigtime ...

The website shows they did the update on Jan 27, 2016. But I basically check their website everyday, they put on the update today!!!! And what the hell is the March 9, 2015!!!! Are they fXXXing kiding me!