+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (August and Sept applicants)

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
ankit.pahwa30 said:
So new date is updated, they are working on 26th August files as on 7th January.
The page is incorrect. It says that the processing time (for online applications) is 120 days and that they were working on applications from August 26th on January 7th. But if you do the math, August 26th + 120 days is December 24th, not January 7th. Once again CIC can't even get the simple things right.

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
elokuu said:
The page is incorrect. It says that the processing time (for online applications) is 120 days and that they were working on applications from August 26th on January 7th. But if you do the math, August 26th + 120 days is December 24th, not January 7th. Once again CIC can't even get the simple things right.
I know man.. still they update something. . As my application is of 6th September. M waiting for the same. Hope for the best.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
On December 26th I made a screenshot of CIC processing times table. On that day it said "now working on applications submitted on September 3". I have that screenshot. In a couple of days they went back to August 12. This isn't the first time I noticed that, but this time I was able to capture it. But they don't care, guys. I don't understand why though. Canada's economy depends on temporary workers. If all of them stopped working for just 1 day - I would wanna see what would happen. I think we deserve to at least have access to truthful information. The processing times are long? Sucks, but at least provide us with info so that we could plan and live our lives somehow... Just a cry out:(

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
roman_emperor08 said:
My friend just called CIC to follow up his wp application applied last july 18 bcoz its almost 6 months and still nothing good news, and the agent said they will going to verify if my friend restoration is legal thats why his application takes longer. He is under restoration when he re-applied his wp extension. So when you applied wp entesion and you are under restoration from the time you submitted your application expect that wp approval takes longer.

In my case at the time of application my status was valid......even I have applied before 60 days of my expiry ......Its been more than 70 days now I think I have to wait thats it ...........till they start processing Nov 1st applications

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I applied online 21 Aug, I called them today, he said " CIC starts working on your application on 31 Oct, and they have 120 days to finish it so you will get the decision on the end of Feb or the first week of March"... I really dont understand, so many tricks they could do to give themselves excuses to delay without a dead line.

marjana.ukr said:
On December 26th I made a screenshot of CIC processing times table. On that day it said "now working on applications submitted on September 3". I have that screenshot. In a couple of days they went back to August 12. This isn't the first time I noticed that, but this time I was able to capture it. But they don't care, guys. I don't understand why though. Canada's economy depends on temporary workers. If all of them stopped working for just 1 day - I would wanna see what would happen. I think we deserve to at least have access to truthful information. The processing times are long? Sucks, but at least provide us with info so that we could plan and live our lives somehow... Just a cry out:(

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi MANN did you try to call them ?
MANN2014 said:
applied on june 29th 15

online application

still no news. geez

MANN2014

Jan 7, 2016
yes i did twice & in both the occasion they said the file is still under process & they will notify me on myCIC account once if there is any update.

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
they tell me the same, and I called again, and she told me that its still under process and even they already sent a require but they dont know why there is the delay. and I can only wait.
MANN2014 said:
yes i did twice & in both the occasion they said the file is still under process & they will notify me on myCIC account once if there is any update.

MANN2014

Jan 7, 2016
zhouyvan said:
they tell me the same, and I called again, and she told me that its still under process and even they already sent a require but they dont know why there is the delay. and I can only wait.

what i can figure out is this..

Canada is gong through economic recession
they are working more on student applications since students brings money from other countries
henceforth we are the ones who`s getting suffered for this economic crisis.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
zhouyvan said:
I applied online 21 Aug, I called them today, he said " CIC starts working on your application on 31 Oct, and they have 120 days to finish it so you will get the decision on the end of Feb or the first week of March"... I really dont understand, so many tricks they could do to give themselves excuses to delay without a dead line.
Please excuse my language, but are they f***ing sick over there? So the processing times are calculated starting from the moment they start working on your application, and that very moment might come in 5 months or even more? And that time wasn't included?! Is that what they said? What kind of sick logic could this be? I can see them needing 120 days to start working on your application, but needing 120 days to look at it?! WTF?!? Can anybody explain how this could be possible outside a mental clinic??? Apologize for my excessive emotions, but what the hell is going on???

thanuxxi

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
Got my work permit extension approved today!
Applied on September 2nd, with Lmia for Physiotherapist in Alberta