+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (August and Sept applicants)

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
numair728 said:
Hi everyone,

i have received my pgwp until passport expiration date. (i believe cic put the old passport's date on pgwp by mistake. since i attached new passport expiring in 2025 and old passport expiring this year with same application)

i was wondering if i can apply online for pgwp extension. few people here have already told me that it is not possible to apply online for pgwp extension. still curious lol

please reply.

Regards
It depends, I would suggest call the agent and explain the scenario he / she will guide you and send you the link to process

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
marjana.ukr said:
Called CIC today. Said that I was told that the application had been approved but did not receive anything and online status has not changed. They said my application was still in process and promised to write some sort of a note to speed up the process. Looks like my application has been abandoned...
Same here.. when I called cic last. They said me to wait for at least 2 weeks as it takes that much time.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
ankit.pahwa30 said:
Same here.. when I called cic last. They said me to wait for at least 2 weeks as it takes that much time.
I just don't get - 2 weeks starting when? It's been 1,5 weeks since they told me it'd been approved. It's been at least a month since it actually has been approved. It's been 5,5 months since I applied... Someone told me to go to a Member of Parliament office and ask for help. I might just do that if nothing shows up by the end of this week.

danielsue

Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
marjana.ukr said:
I just don't get - 2 weeks starting when? It's been 1,5 weeks since they told me it'd been approved. It's been at least a month since it actually has been approved. It's been 5,5 months since I applied... Someone told me to go to a Member of Parliament office and ask for help. I might just do that if nothing shows up by the end of this week.
Me too. I was told that my application was approved on Jan. 17 but the hardcopy has not arrived yet. I thought maybe it was mailed to the old address as I have changed the mailing address earlier December. I have checked both mailbox but still get nothing. Now, I believe the application may be still in processing as there is no update in my CIC account.

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
marjana.ukr said:
Yesterday I went to MP here. They have put up the request and said that it will take 10 days to finalize.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I called CIC again today. This time they said that my work permit was mailed out to me on January 17 and if I haven't received it then it's lost. But in order to consider it lost and make a new one we have to wait for 6 weeks from the date they mailed it the first time. Then I asked "why is my case still open and says the decision is not made if you're saying that it has been mailed out to me". That confused the agent and he went somewhere to check it again. When he came back he said that the info he gave me was wrong. My work permit has not been mailed out to me. It has been transferred to where they print it but for SOME REASON it has not been printed. Even though it should've been printed by now. He said I should wait as the note on my application has been sent by one of the agents. He said if I don't receive it by March 7, then call them again. On March 4 it will have been 6 MONTHS since I applied.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
salmaniut said:
My wife applied for work permit extension on August 24.

Blank update- every month

Approved- December 14th

Waiting for mail delivery.

She applied online
Wow, so people are still waiting from August it seems

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
marjana.ukr said:
I called CIC again today. This time they said that my work permit was mailed out to me on January 17 and if I haven't received it then it's lost. But in order to consider it lost and make a new one we have to wait for 6 weeks from the date they mailed it the first time. Then I asked "why is my case still open and says the decision is not made if you're saying that it has been mailed out to me". That confused the agent and he went somewhere to check it again. When he came back he said that the info he gave me was wrong. My work permit has not been mailed out to me. It has been transferred to where they print it but for SOME REASON it has not been printed. Even though it should've been printed by now. He said I should wait as the note on my application has been sent by one of the agents. He said if I don't receive it by March 7, then call them again. On March 4 it will have been 6 MONTHS since I applied.
These are just lame excuses.. every time I call, they give a new reason. So the only solution is to wait, that's it.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
ankit.pahwa30 said:
These are just lame excuses.. every time I call, they give a new reason. So the only solution is to wait, that's it.
What could we do? I don't believe that waiting will help. For some reasons our extensions have not been finalized. If that happened by accident - that would've been fixed within a few days after we called. They would take those extensions and place them ahead of the line for printing and mailing out. If we didn't not hear anytjing so far - it makes me think that nothing has been actually done. May be the agents aren't even authorized to take any real action, may be their job is to feed people fairy tales. Is there any other authority we could appeal to? Anyone higher than CIC agents?...

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I don't want anyone to pity me, but in my case it's just getting too bad. I need an extension in order to apply for PR or open work, something that would let me find a job and feed myself. I can't change employers on implied status and my current job is about to end in a matter of weeks. I simply can't suport myself while they are thinking. And the most frustrating part is that I've done nothing wrong. I applied well in advance...

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
I don't want anyone to pity me, but in my case it's just getting too bad. I need an extension in order to apply for PR or open work, something that would let me find a job and feed myself. I can't change employers on implied status and my current job is about to end in a matter of weeks. I simply can't suport myself while they are thinking. And the most frustrating part is that I've done nothing wrong. I applied well in advance...
Hey have you called what have they told you so far

ankit.pahwa30

Jan 4, 2016
marjana.ukr said:
They said wait 30 days. In 30 days they MIGHT take an action. Or might not. They dunno.
Hey bro. Just take a help with MP.. I got my approved today only and moreover I received a call from MP office only that my documents has been dispatched.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
ankit.pahwa30 said:
Hey bro. Just take a help with MP.. I got my approved today only and moreover I received a call from MP office only that my documents has been dispatched.
Ok, going there as soon as I get a chance. What did you tell them? I'm a bit concerned that because I'm not a citizen they won't listen to me...

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Just got an e-mail. Status closed, decision approved. Is this really happening after 6 months? Hard to believe. I hope this means that they will send me my extension right away.