+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expiring before 2nd AOR.... Connect here

tomkruz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
All applicants whose work permit is expiring before the second AOR connect here. Let help each other out in the process of applying for BOWP

IMNA

May 27, 2015
If your work permit is expiring and you are yet to receive your 2 Aor. You can apply for BOWP with your 1st AOR (e APR) as per CIC call center. Alternate suggestion would be to request GCMS notes (it will be mentioned if your R10 is done) you can attach it or send a CSE and update your BOWP. Right now both paper and online application has the same timeline. It is suggested to go with Paper based as it usually has a longer lead time. I went online as I applied few days before my WP expiry and I needed acknowledgment from CIC to continue working.

Hope it helps

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMNA said:
If your work permit is expiring and you are yet to receive your 2 Aor. You can apply for BOWP with your 1st AOR (e APR) as per CIC call center. Alternate suggestion would be to request GCMS notes (it will be mentioned if your R10 is done) you can attach it or send a CSE and update your BOWP. Right now both paper and online application has the same timeline. It is suggested to go with Paper based as it usually has a longer lead time. I went online as I applied few days before my WP expiry and I needed acknowledgment from CIC to continue working.

Hope it helps
Did you get AOR for bowp already.
Please share your timeline.

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
I did the same as IMNA.
Call centre is telling that processing time for 2nd AOR is 18 weeks.
My date of BOWP processing time is later than expected 2nd AOR, so I hope to receive positive answer.

Pretty soon, we are going to see OB manual for BOWP officers whos would have to wait untill PR processing office make a decision, before refusing WP application.

It just make sence. They cannot (should not) "change circumstances" of PR application solely on absence of 2nd AOR, if that decision haven't been made yet.

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
Yes. Yes. And yes.

Simply asked to review my eligibility based on sucessfullnes of PR application. Included job offer, freshest employment letter and a WP

p.s.: also, not all RCCICs advising to do that, but such a long WP processing time make it possible.
Applying for visitors status is not recommended because rules saying " conditions must be the same, when applying and when visa is issued".
Again, with EE announcing, previous manuals and rules do not completely compatible with new system.
But WP application must be done before WP expires, in order to be able to continue working legally "up untill WP decision is being done."

tomkruz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
I know this is just a work around for extending the stay and hope that the PR application moves forward within the time frame even though we know that the BOWP might get rejected.

During this time one should not be applying for TRV or go out of the country till the decision is made.

And on the legal front does the BOWP application acknowledgement suffice for employers to allow us to continue working ?

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Are you guys getting an technical error while applying for bowp online..
Mine has been giving an error that says website is under mentainainnce.
Past 2 days same error.
Did you guys trying apply.

Please check and reply.
Thank you