+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit expiring and need to travel to India on Implied Status

ashu2677

Oct 29, 2019
Hi,

My Work permit is expiring mid Nov 2019 and so does my Visa. Work Permit extension is already filed in Mid September but there is a wait period of 114 days. I need to travel to India during this time and return to work during this implied status. Is there any possibility like a single entry Visa or anything that can help me with my situation?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

My Work permit is expiring mid Nov 2019 and so does my Visa. Work Permit extension is already filed in Mid September but there is a wait period of 114 days. I need to travel to India during this time and return to work during this implied status. Is there any possibility like a single entry Visa or anything that can help me with my situation?
1. Once you leave Canada your implied status ends, and if you return you can't work until you receive a new work permit.

ashu2677

Oct 29, 2019
Hi

1. Once you leave Canada your implied status ends, and if you return you can't work until you receive a new work permit.
Thank you sir. Still a followup question.
My Original Visa had "Worker" stamped on it which will expire mid Nov. . If i come back on Visitor Visa and i explain to immigration that i won't work until the WP is approved, that should still be acceptable right? Or can they deny me at the port of entry? Also is getting a visitor visa in such a situation problematic?

bczar

Dec 10, 2019
Thank you sir. Still a followup question.
My Original Visa had "Worker" stamped on it which will expire mid Nov. . If i come back on Visitor Visa and i explain to immigration that i won't work until the WP is approved, that should still be acceptable right? Or can they deny me at the port of entry? Also is getting a visitor visa in such a situation problematic?
Hi - Am also in the same boat. What have you done then?