+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expires on 31st May 2011

Bisu

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Hello,

My work permit is expering on 31May 2011 and i am yet to apply to renew it as our corporate lawyer is arranging for the LMO, can i and my family stay in Toronto after my VISA expires if applied for renewal before 31 May?
Please advise.

Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Without a WP in process you will not have status. LMO takes 2 or more weeks to process, but if you managed to send a complete WP application and made sure Vegreville receives it on or before May 31 then you'd be on implied status.

Bisu said:
Hello,

My work permit is expering on 31May 2011 and i am yet to apply to renew it as our corporate lawyer is arranging for the LMO, can i and my family stay in Toronto after my VISA expires if applied for renewal before 31 May?
Please advise.

Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It would not be a complete application but I think you can send the application because your WP is expiring.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob152A.asp

Additional details regarding concurrent processing

As mentioned above, TFW applications received with an expired LMO will be refused as per R203 of the IRPR. Since officers must verify the expiry date of the LMO before processing a work permit application, concurrent processing in most circumstances, or the processing of a WP application that is pending receipt of a valid LMO, can no longer be allowed for cases in-Canada or overseas.

For inland processing, the concurrent processing option will only be allowed for foreign nationals whose work permits will be expiring within two weeks. They must provide proof of a valid job offer, as well as proof that the employer has submitted a request to Service Canada for a new LMO. Applications will be initialized and the processing fee will be processed. Applications will be held for two months (TBC for CAQ) from the date of receipt, after which a determination to either refuse or approve the work permit will be made.

Bisu said:
Can i send the WP application with out the LMO

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hello, very interesting point. I am in a pretty much similar case, only , mine is expiring on the 21st of this month. I sent out an application for extension with a cover letter and proof that a new LMO is underway. does this give me an implied status? thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelmolab said:
Hello, very interesting point. I am in a pretty much similar case, only , mine is expiring on the 21st of this month. I sent out an application for extension with a cover letter and proof that a new LMO is underway. does this give me an implied status? thank you
Yes, you will have implied status. You must send the positive LMO as soon as you receive it.

Pooja Rao

Jun 20, 2009
Hi Job Seeker,

My work permit is expiring on June 7th 2011. i am applying for extension now. i have a weird situation here:
My PR has been approved, and i have been asked to send in my passport for stamping.
do i get any kind of implied status here?

Also in order to apply for extension, do i need to apply for a LMO?

Please advise.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So where do you need to send your passport? Yes, you'd need a LMO if you're applying for a WP but you said your PR has been approved, so you may not need to send for a WP renewal.

Pooja Rao said:
Hi Job Seeker,

My work permit is expiring on June 7th 2011. i am applying for extension now. i have a weird situation here:
My PR has been approved, and i have been asked to send in my passport for stamping.
do i get any kind of implied status here?

Also in order to apply for extension, do i need to apply for a LMO?

Please advise.

Thanks

Pooja Rao

Jun 20, 2009
Hi job seeker,

I have send my passport to New york Canadian Embassy and the process of Visa stamping and the return of my passport will take about 4-6 weeks.. but my work permit expires in 2 weeks.. so can i still stay in Canada or do i have to leave the country.

Please Advise

thanks

nezya

May 16, 2010
job_seeker said:
It would not be a complete application but I think you can send the application because your WP is expiring.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob152A.asp

Additional details regarding concurrent processing

As mentioned above, TFW applications received with an expired LMO will be refused as per R203 of the IRPR. Since officers must verify the expiry date of the LMO before processing a work permit application, concurrent processing in most circumstances, or the processing of a WP application that is pending receipt of a valid LMO, can no longer be allowed for cases in-Canada or overseas.

For inland processing, the concurrent processing option will only be allowed for foreign nationals whose work permits will be expiring within two weeks. They must provide proof of a valid job offer, as well as proof that the employer has submitted a request to Service Canada for a new LMO. Applications will be initialized and the processing fee will be processed. Applications will be held for two months (TBC for CAQ) from the date of receipt, after which a determination to either refuse or approve the work permit will be made.
You can apply for extension if you are working with the same employer. If your lawyer passed a LMO and received a confirmation letter from HRSDC then you can include that in your application for extension together with your contract from the employer and other documents needed. This is applicable if your pass this 2nd week b4 the expiry date of your work permit (as written above). Try to read this site...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553E.asp

seven

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-04-2010
File Transfer...
24-02-2010
Med's Request
16-10-2011
Med's Done....
16-10-2011
Passport Req..
22-Feb-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
07-March-2012
Pooja Rao said:
Hi job seeker,

I have send my passport to New york Canadian Embassy and the process of Visa stamping and the return of my passport will take about 4-6 weeks.. but my work permit expires in 2 weeks.. so can i still stay in Canada or do i have to leave the country.

Please Advise

thanks
If you are living in canada, you should have planned a personal trip to Newyork office. I saw may other people went to Buffalo office to get it stamped in person. just one hr to get the visa, by in person.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The one-day processing is currently not available from US Consular Offices/Embassy.

[*] Notice: Due to a new computer system being installed in all U.S. offices, applications are taking longer than usual to process. You should apply at least three months before you plan to travel.

seven said:
If you are living in canada, you should have planned a personal trip to Newyork office. I saw may other people went to Buffalo office to get it stamped in person. just one hr to get the visa, by in person.

May 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to come to Canada with open work permit and find a job in skilled occupation (NOC 0,A,B), or you first have to work in occupations which are in NOC C and D group?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fly high touch the sky said:
Is it possible to come to Canada with open work permit and find a job in skilled occupation (NOC 0,A,B), or you first have to work in occupations which are in NOC C and D group?
If you have an open work permit, you can find a job in any occupation as long as the employer is willing to hire you.