CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
Hello all,

I have been backpacking around the world for more than 6 months now and it is to be continued and I received ITA in December. My work permit will expire around the end of February. I am declaring that my current address is in Canada and all my travels are in my travel history. I would appreciate it if you could help me with the following questions:

1- Does it even make sense to enter a Canadian address as my current address?

2-Will the officer assume that I'm living back in my home country after my work permit expires and asks for a new police certificate?

3-I work part time as a freelancer for the same company I used to work in Canada (from my laptop). Should I enter that as employment or unemployment in my personal history?

4-Can I mention this whole period in my personal history and enter the location as Canada or do I need to break it down to all the countries I have been in this period?

Your advice is much appreciated.
Regards,
Paddy

p.sarafraz

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
Can someone please help? I would really appreciate it.

KrishnaManohar

Feb 27, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
Med's Done....
13-01-2017
p.sarafraz said:
Hello all,

I have been backpacking around the world for more than 6 months now and it is to be continued and I received ITA in December. My work permit will expire around the end of February. I am declaring that my current address is in Canada and all my travels are in my travel history. I would appreciate it if you could help me with the following questions:

1- Does it even make sense to enter a Canadian address as my current address?

You need to provide some details here..were you a student in Canada who was working under PGWP? or is this some other form of work permit? Did you stay in your home country during this period of travel?

2-Will the officer assume that I'm living back in my home country after my work permit expires and asks for a new police certificate?
The officer can't just assume anything. Whatever information you declare has to match with the stamps in your passport.
3-I work part time as a freelancer for the same company I used to work in Canada (from my laptop). Should I enter that as employment or unemployment in my personal history?
You can declare it as employment and perhaps add 'Freelancing' in brackets under the name of the company section

4-Can I mention this whole period in my personal history and enter the location as Canada or do I need to break it down to all the countries I have been in this period?
You only have one county of origin and one country of residence;all other places you visit should be mentioned under Travel history. Since you have a valid Canadian work permit, you should mention your period of stay in Canada under personal history. split it like this :

Starting duration - Ending duration (Employed)
Company name
Starting duration - Ending duration (Employed)
Company name - Freelancing
I would strongly suggest you write a good letter of explanation as to why you had to stop working for your company full-time and switch to freelancing while travelling. I guess that should be good.

Cheers

p.sarafraz

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
CEC
Doc's Request.
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
Hi KrishnaManohar,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, I was a student in Canada and after that I worked under post graduate work permit full time for a year and a half.

And yes, I traveled to my home country too but I wouldn't consider that as living there because part wise I was there for a ceremony and also I kept going to different cities (that was basically travelling.)

Something that is confusing to me is that does the officer make a difference between travelling to your country of origin and living there, especially that going to your country of origin does not go to your travel history section. So how do they know that you went there for a family visit? I went for a visit when I was working full time in Canada and I got a police certificate in person. Then the next year I went for a visit during my travelling which is mentioned above. I'm going there again in two weeks for three weeks, then going to another country afterwards. Does this mean my police certificate is invalid?

Thank you again. This is very valuable.
Paddy