+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expired, no pgwp extension (under new policy) yet.

T_k

Nov 28, 2022
Hello everyone
My work permit expired on 27 Nov, I didn't get any email regarding an extension. I only got my interim permit in the mail, and I had to update my mailing address by calling/ raising webform. I did call and update my mailing address, but I did not receive anything after that. No acknowledgment of the mailing address change, and the extension is still not approved in IRCC account.
I applied for a work permit manually on 23 Oct, but it has not shown even the slightest movement. Is anyone sailing in the same boat? Please give suggestions regarding this issue.
Thank you!

Harvey.nora

Nov 28, 2022
My work permit expired today (November 28th). I got the 1st round email on Aug 2nd and then received my interim work authorization email on Aug 10. Also on Sept 26th I got an email to update/confirm my address butt since my add hadn’t changed I ignored the email. Am I in the clear? #pgwpextension

Reactions: T_k

T_k

Nov 28, 2022
My work permit expired today (November 28th). I got the 1st round email on Aug 2nd and then received my interim work authorization email on Aug 10. Also on Sept 26th, I got an email to update/confirm my address butt since my add hadn’t changed I ignored the email. Am I in the clear? #pgwpextension
So, even though you didn't have any update to do, you have not received the permit extension approval as yet! That's strange to me. I feel for you! I guess we have to just wait till we get some clarity on what is actually happening and when we will get the permit. I have to go to my country, for an unavoidable reason and I am scared about the whole situation and about losing my job if I leave the country :( :(