+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Expired Before Passport Request (Applied in Canada)

xtrmr2003

Aug 11, 2010
Dear all,

I need you help with regards to the following situation I have gone through. Would appreciate your inputs.

I got my Manitoba PNP approved while working in Winnipeg for 2 years and then eventually applied to CIC Ottawa for PR. I kept waiting for CIC to process my application and request passport for visa stamping. However the process got delayed and my work permit also got expired eventually. I did apply for a bridging work permit but even that got rejected. Since I had no legal status in Canada, I left for Dubai, UAE and after a month of my stay in Dubai, I got passport request from CIC. Though i informed them regarding my current country of stay and they transferred my file to Abu Dhabi Office where i got my visa stamped without any issues. Now after 6 months of stay in Dubai on work visa, am planning to travel back to Winnipeg to complete landing formality and update all my government IDs. I then plan to travel back to Dubai to cancel my visa and wrap up everything so that I can permanently move back to Winnipeg.

My queries:

- Do I need to travel all the way to Winnipeg or landing in Toronto is enough.
- What all government IDs I would need to update.
- What questions will I be asked at Pearson Airport by immigration officers.
- Is it okay to have two sectors ie Toronto and Winnipeg on two different tickets? Do they check final destination ticket?

Hoping to get a reply here soon.

Appreciate your help guys.

Thanks!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
So you are asking whether it's ok to book flight to Winnipeg through Toronto with landing paper for MPNP?

Yes. When your flight land in Toronto, you will be directed into CBSA office to complete the landing there. They will asks for proof that you are settling in MB. (like a rental or house or job offer, etc) Then you go on with your flight to Winnipeg. They do that all the time.