waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi all:

My passport is expiring at the end of this year and I want to renew it now.
My question is, if I renew my passport now, will my Entry Visa and Work Permit on the old passport stay valid? or do I have to renew those as well before I leave for vacation on a renewed passport? Has anyone travelled like this?
Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

nuksyed said:
Hi all:

My passport is expiring at the end of this year and I want to renew it now.
My question is, if I renew my passport now, will my Entry Visa and Work Permit on the old passport stay valid? or do I have to renew those as well before I leave for vacation on a renewed passport? Has anyone travelled like this?
Thanks,
1, As long as you carry your old passport with the new one, you will be fine. If your country keeps the old passport, then you will need a new TRV,, the work permit remains valid.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
PMM said:
HI

1, As long as you carry your old passport with the new one, you will be fine. If your country keeps the old passport, then you will need a new TRV,, the work permit remains valid.
Thank you. Have you, or anyone you know been in this situation? I do not want to risk getting stuck out.
However, what you are saying makes perfect sense.

lacaosky

Mar 27, 2016
HI,
IM SORRY I USE THIS COLUMN TO HELP MY FRIEND.....ACTUALLY MY FRIEND HAS A WORKING VISA PROCESSED HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES BUT THE PROBLEM IS HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IN ORDER TO GO BACK TO CANADA. BECAUSE HIS COMPANY TERMINATED HIS JOB CONTRACT DUE TO A LONG TIME OF PROCESSING HIS VISA. HIS VISA ARE TIED UP WITH HIS PREVIOUS COMPANY.
-CAN HE GO BACK AGAIN TO CANADA USING HIS WORKING VISA?
-CAN HE REQUEST AN OPEN WORK PERMIT IN ORDER TO USE HIS WORK VISA?
HE REALLY NEED HELP

THANKS A LOT

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thank you. Have you, or anyone you know been in this situation? I do not want to risk getting stuck out.
However, what you are saying makes perfect sense.
Sorry its long time ago. Have you experience the issue u said? Is it fine just to carry the old passport with you ?