WORK PERMIT DURATION

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi everybody,

Can anybody on this forum tell me about the duration of the Post Grad Work Permit, one will get if he do 2 courses of 1 year each ( it is not a continuous course), back to back without any gap.
If somebody who have done 2 different courses of 1 yr each, can assist better.I have checked the CIC website and many other sites, I am not getting it.
I would really appreciate the response from you guys.

Regards,
Jazz

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry but am not sure about it yet.. Hope this helps..!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t66254.0.html

Nandu

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
jas_to_canada said:
Hi everybody,

Can anybody on this forum tell me about the duration of the Post Grad Work Permit, one will get if he do 2 courses of 1 year each ( it is not a continuous course), back to back without any gap.
If somebody who have done 2 different courses of 1 yr each, can assist better.I have checked the CIC website and many other sites, I am not getting it.
I would really appreciate the response from you guys.

Regards,
Jazz
You will be eligible for PGWP of 3 years.

Quote: "Students holding a one-year graduate degree from a provincially accredited post-secondary educational institution in Canada (pursued full-time) after having obtained, within the prior two years, a degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary educational/training institution will qualify for a three year work permit. This exception also applies to students who have left Canada temporarily between the graduations."

Hope this answer your query.

BR,
Inam

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
jas_to_canada said:
Thanks Inam and Thanks Nandu.
Hope it helps until its changed. I think its still the same.
I have quoted it from CIC web i.e. OP, it is the same. If any change to a rule happens an OB is issued. No OB is issued for changing this point. Apply in Confidence.

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Thanks Inam very much.

I have one more query. Will I be eligible for the Canadian Experience class(CEC) under this situation. Till i will apply, I would have done 2 courses, 1 year each(not less than 16 months) and 1 yr work. so is this scenario considered under CEC category,
I m bit confused as they say"
a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
a one-year Master’s program (certificates (I am doing Post Grad certificate currently and the next year program would be PG cert too) and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).
"
I would be much obliged.

Regards,
Jazz

ramancheema

Jan 21, 2012
Hi
Can u please tel me is there any way I can stop my application of post study work permit and want to apply fr extension of study permit ???

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
jas_to_canada said:
Thanks Inam very much.

I have one more query. Will I be eligible for the Canadian Experience class(CEC) under this situation. Till i will apply, I would have done 2 courses, 1 year each(not less than 16 months) and 1 yr work. so is this scenario considered under CEC category,
I m bit confused as they say"
a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
a one-year Master's program (certificates (I am doing Post Grad certificate currently and the next year program would be PG cert too) and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).
"
I would be much obliged.

Regards,
Jazz
1. You can also apply for PR based on PNP. The point is if you get a good job in Canada (NOC O,A,B) then the chances of PR are high.