+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit / Dependent visa processing is delayed

askharith

Apr 24, 2021
Hi,
I have created an application in cic for my work permit and a dependent visa for my wife. Both me and wife have completed medical and i have completed my biometrics too.
My wife biometric is delayed to Covid situation. I have created my application on Dec 12 2020 and till now it is in processing state. Can you please let me know since all the procedures for my work permit is over (Biometric + medical ) will that be processed separately or they are waiting for my wife biometric to complete to start processing my application. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What type of permit? If her permit is tied to yours then yes it may be delayed. There is no such thing as a dependant visa so assume you mean spousal open work permit.

askharith

Apr 24, 2021
Thank you for replying to my thread.
I have applied a visitor visa for my wife which is tied to my work permit application. The VFS ( agency for biometric collection) has stopped the biometric process for visitor category giving priority to other categories due to covid situation.
  • Is that the reason why my application is getting delayed?
  • is there any chance that my work permit alone would get approved?
  • Could you please suggest regarding the actions i should take ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for replying to my thread.
I have applied a visitor visa for my wife which is tied to my work permit application. The VFS ( agency for biometric collection) has stopped the biometric process for visitor category giving priority to other categories due to covid situation.
  • Is that the reason why my application is getting delayed?
  • is there any chance that my work permit alone would get approved?
  • Could you please suggest regarding the actions i should take ?
But what type of work permit - closed or open? Yes, biometrics for visitor visas are not being processed and will be delayed. Yes your work permit alone can be approved on its own. There are no actions to take because your wife needs biometrics.