+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay

Moose1205

Jan 8, 2020
Got the news today that my visa has been authorized.its taken just over 4 months from application to authorization.
Good luck to everyone else who is applying or waiting. I wish you all good news!

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Mansoor,
It's 30 weeks already. Last request for additional information was in the end of June.
Hi, did u finally get ur work permit ? My case is similar to urs, my waiting time has also exceeded more than 144 days and no news, this is insane.

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Hi,
My case is similar to your case, as its an intra-company transfer. My application was applied through a lawyer in Canada. The processing time was 7 weeks but it has been 19 weeks now. I hope you already received your visa. Can you please let us know your waiting time?. Thanks
Hi Mansoor

Did you get ur work permit ? My case is similar to urs, 1 week post application I received a msg for biometrics which I did, but no news after that....its been 19 weeks now after the biometrics....

Moose1205

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, did u finally get ur work permit ? My case is similar to urs, my waiting time has also exceeded more than 144 days and no news, this is insane.
Hi yes I did, it came through last Wednesday. I had no request for anything apart from biometrics, I did use an immigration lawyer unsure if that helped.
Have you contacted ircc via the online portal? If not that might be a way forward.
Good luck.

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Hi yes I did, it came through last Wednesday. I had no request for anything apart from biometrics, I did use an immigration lawyer unsure if that helped.
Have you contacted ircc via the online portal? If not that might be a way forward.
Good luck.
Gr8 , congrats, how many weeks it took for you. My attorney has contacted IRCC, it still says under process.

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Hi Mansoor

Did you get ur work permit ? My case is similar to urs, 1 week post application I received a msg for biometrics which I did, but no news after that....its been 19 weeks now after the biometrics....
Well NO...sitting on 38 weeks and counting. My lawyer in Canada also has no idea. Seems like everyone is cool with such insane processing times.

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
I have almost same situation like you

I am currently applying for ICT work permit through my employer as there's another subsidiary in Canada. Now the immigration consultants told me that the WP application will take 2 weeks as it's on managerial stream. And we applied on 23rd Nov.

After exactly 2 weeks I got an email to submit my passport for visa stamp which I did and I was told by VFS that it will take 2 weeks to receive the passport.

Now something very strange happened, I was told that the passport request was sent in error and that my application is not yet approved. Today is 13th Jan and still no update from IRCC which is week 8. Upon checking CIC website it mentions that work permit processing time for Egypt is exactly 8 weeks. But Christmas and new year holiday weeks were in the middle.

Did anyone face a situation like this? I am 9 weeks now with no updates at all!!
All the best for you man.. I am sitting here at 38 weeks and counting. I applied from Qatar, so the application goes to the UAE office. Although my company's lawyer applied from Canada. The processing time in UAE is now 45 weeks.

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
My application for a work visa following a positive lmia was submitted 6th Sept 2019. Exactly as you said it was 14wks At that time then went to 19wks it’s now 24weeks processing time.
Still no news for me. I’ve submitted 2 online portal enquires I’ve had no reply.
My employer has been waiting for me to start work he’s been waiting a year now!
I am at 38 weeks now and counting. The processing time at the UAE office shows 45 weeks now.. so I wonder if they will take the full 45 weeks to process it.

Jan 13, 2020
All the best for you man.. I am sitting here at 38 weeks and counting. I applied from Qatar, so the application goes to the UAE office. Although my company's lawyer applied from Canada. The processing time in UAE is now 45 weeks.
Well it doesn't matter. My processing is done in Edmonton in Canada and now 12 weeks still processing and no end in sight. Seriously I don't know how come Canada has such a lengthy work permitting process. I am not even applying for permanent residency....

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Well it doesn't matter. My processing is done in Edmonton in Canada and now 12 weeks still processing and no end in sight. Seriously I don't know how come Canada has such a lengthy work permitting process. I am not even applying for permanent residency....
ok, so I got my Work Permit in almost 9 months.
Application submitted May 13th, 2019 (submitted from Canada but online and it was sent to the Abu Dhabi office, since I applied from Qatar)
Biometrics given on May 15th, 2019
Approval received on Feb 16th, 2020

Hope it helps. Best of Luck.

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Application submitted May 13th, 2019 (submitted from Canadian lawyer but online and it was sent to the Abu Dhabi office, since I applied from Qatar)

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Hi Mansoor

Application submitted May 13th, 2019 (submitted from Canada but online and it was sent to the Abu Dhabi office, since I applied from Qatar)