+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
Hi Paul and tracy. Read below. I just spoke with an immigration lawyer

Hey I just spoke with an immigration lawyer. Read below where I commented. Absolute madness
Hi, Seanfinnegan21!
Any decisions on your application?

My employer's immigration attorney submitted the documents (myself+spouse+2 kids) on 8th of February. On 14th of February we have passed the biometrcics and medical examination has been done in advance. We're applying from Russia and it's a transfer within the company. A regular processing time for Russia is 6 weeks but we have nothing till now (more than 12 weeks already). My case was moved to Edmonton office from Moscow and the last update i had is they have hired a 3rd party company to check my background. No specific time of processing was mentioned and it is the worst thing ever. We've nothing to do but keep waiting.

Did anyone else appylied from Russia?

Thanks

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Hi, Seanfinnegan21!
Any decisions on your application?

My employer's immigration attorney submitted the documents (myself+spouse+2 kids) on 8th of February. On 14th of February we have passed the biometrcics and medical examination has been done in advance. We're applying from Russia and it's a transfer within the company. A regular processing time for Russia is 6 weeks but we have nothing till now (more than 12 weeks already). My case was moved to Edmonton office from Moscow and the last update i had is they have hired a 3rd party company to check my background. No specific time of processing was mentioned and it is the worst thing ever. We've nothing to do but keep waiting.

Did anyone else appylied from Russia?

Thanks
Hi,
My case is similar to your case, as its an intra-company transfer. My application was applied through a lawyer in Canada. The processing time was 7 weeks but it has been 19 weeks now. I hope you already received your visa. Can you please let us know your waiting time?. Thanks

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
Hi,
My case is similar to your case, as its an intra-company transfer. My application was applied through a lawyer in Canada. The processing time was 7 weeks but it has been 19 weeks now. I hope you already received your visa. Can you please let us know your waiting time?. Thanks
Mansoor,
It's 30 weeks already. Last request for additional information was in the end of June.

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Mansoor,
It's 30 weeks already. Last request for additional information was in the end of June.
This is insane. I hope your company is still interested in this move. Is it possible to share what additional information was requested after such a long time?.

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
This is insane. I hope your company is still interested in this move. Is it possible to share what additional information was requested after such a long time?.
Hi, Mansoor!
No one actually is interested in this relocation already.The immigration claims 6 weeks for 80 % of cases (concerning Russia) and if your case exceeded this period it could take forever. 3 weeks of processing under the global talent stream is a bullshit.

They asked for the following additional information:
1. February - travel history of my wife within 5 years
2. May - An exact adress of the company where my wife used to work 10 years ago
3. June - My travel history within 5 years

Reactions: Mansoor_J

Mansoor_J

Sep 2, 2019
Hi, Mansoor!
No one actually is interested in this relocation already.The immigration claims 6 weeks for 80 % of cases (concerning Russia) and if your case exceeded this period it could take forever. 3 weeks of processing under the global talent stream is a bullshit.

They asked for the following additional information:
1. February - travel history of my wife within 5 years
2. May - An exact adress of the company where my wife used to work 10 years ago
3. June - My travel history within 5 years
Many thanks for your response. Wish you all the best, whether you decide to go or not.

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have applied for an LMIA-exempt work permit on July 19 2019, while I was a Ph.D. student and inland. The normal processing time is 8 weeks for work permit application. However, it has already taken 104 days and still no news. I don't know what to do except waiting. It seems that filling the web form or calling are not much useful.

Moose1205

Jan 8, 2020
My application for a work visa following a positive lmia was submitted 6th Sept 2019. Exactly as you said it was 14wks At that time then went to 19wks it’s now 24weeks processing time.
Still no news for me. I’ve submitted 2 online portal enquires I’ve had no reply.
My employer has been waiting for me to start work he’s been waiting a year now!

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have applied for an LMIA-exempt work permit on July 19 2019, while I was a Ph.D. student and inland. The normal processing time is 8 weeks for work permit application. However, it has already taken 104 days and still no news. I don't know what to do except waiting. It seems that filling the web form or calling are not much useful.
DId you receive your work permit?

Jan 13, 2020
Hi,
I have almost same situation like you

I am currently applying for ICT work permit through my employer as there's another subsidiary in Canada. Now the immigration consultants told me that the WP application will take 2 weeks as it's on managerial stream. And we applied on 23rd Nov.

After exactly 2 weeks I got an email to submit my passport for visa stamp which I did and I was told by VFS that it will take 2 weeks to receive the passport.

Now something very strange happened, I was told that the passport request was sent in error and that my application is not yet approved. Today is 13th Jan and still no update from IRCC which is week 8. Upon checking CIC website it mentions that work permit processing time for Egypt is exactly 8 weeks. But Christmas and new year holiday weeks were in the middle.

Did anyone face a situation like this? I am 9 weeks now with no updates at all!!

Moose1205

Jan 8, 2020
I have almost same situation like you

I am currently applying for ICT work permit through my employer as there's another subsidiary in Canada. Now the immigration consultants told me that the WP application will take 2 weeks as it's on managerial stream. And we applied on 23rd Nov.

After exactly 2 weeks I got an email to submit my passport for visa stamp which I did and I was told by VFS that it will take 2 weeks to receive the passport.

Now something very strange happened, I was told that the passport request was sent in error and that my application is not yet approved. Today is 13th Jan and still no update from IRCC which is week 8. Upon checking CIC website it mentions that work permit processing time for Egypt is exactly 8 weeks. But Christmas and new year holiday weeks were in the middle.

Did anyone face a situation like this? I am 9 weeks now with no updates at all!!

Moose1205

Jan 8, 2020
My application is managerial too, I was under the impression it would take two weeks. 20 weeks and still no news.
I have given biometrics a week after my application went in.

Jan 13, 2020
My application is managerial too, I was under the impression it would take two weeks. 20 weeks and still no news.
I have given biometrics a week after my application went in.
I also gave biometrics couple of days after application. Did you apply by yourself or through an immigration consultant? And did you apply as well for your spouse or only you?

Moose1205

Jan 8, 2020
I also gave biometrics couple of days after application. Did you apply by yourself or through an immigration consultant? And did you apply as well for your spouse or only you?
i applied through immigration consultant. It initially was the plan for me my husband and our daughters but to make it a ‘quicker’ process they just put mine through. I’m not bothered re a wait for a visa for my husband I just need mine so I can start work!
The rest can come later.