+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay

Jan 28, 2019
Hi there. I am from south Africa and I applied for a work permit with a positive LMIA on September 14th. My processing time said 13 weeks then changed to 15 weeks, now its 19 weeks and I still havent heard anything. I arranged to start work by now so I am very worried. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't know how normal this is and how much longer I need to wait to tell my job. Thank you!

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I’m in the UK I applied 24th sept. Processing time was 17 weeks for weeks and weeks then went down to 14 weeks and now 5 weeks. I’m on week 18 when I emailed they replied saying it’s in active review. I have no idea how much longer I have to wait. It’s crazy

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah it's very crazy! I have called and emailed and they said the same thing that it's awaiting review. Why give a time line if it's going to be way off! My poor job is sitting waiting for me and no one can help me. People arrange there life around this! Plus I applied online so they told me once I get an email saying it's been accepted I THEN have to drop my passport off to be stamped which takes 5 to 20 business days. Very upsetting

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Exactly. I understand that the processing time differs and it can exceed, but if it works like its described, my application has exceeded processing time by 13 weeks. madness. Does everyone applying online have to send their passport?

Jan 28, 2019
I am not too sure. My friend from England who came to Canada to work didn't have to. Maybe call the Canadian immigration office there and they will tell you. My processing time went up to 20 weeks now - from 15. I see UK is 1 week? Makes no sense at all what on earth is going on. Let me know how you make out!

Jan 28, 2019
Where are you from and was it a work permit you applied for? Did it get accepted? I still haven't heard anything. It's been 5 months now.

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I am not too sure. My friend from England who came to Canada to work didn't have to. Maybe call the Canadian immigration office there and they will tell you. My processing time went up to 20 weeks now - from 15. I see UK is 1 week? Makes no sense at all what on earth is going on. Let me know how you make out!
It’s just madness. Yeah I saw that 1 week. That could rocket up to 17 again though. I’m hoping that with it being in active review it won’t be much longer for a decision. Let me know how you get on

PaulCost

Feb 3, 2019
Hi all,

Any UK applicants about who've recently been accepted or aware of processing times?

My wife and I have applied for Permanent Residency in Ontario, we submitted our applications on 8th September.

Application status:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview. - We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We have 33 days remaining according to the status tracker, I guess we just sit tight and wait.

Thanks, Paul + Lucy

Jan 28, 2019
Hey everyone. I just called an immigration lawyer. She told me that the Canadian government processing all applications are severely back logged due to a shortage of staff. A SHORTAGE OF STAFF. Can you believe that? She said unfortunately the only thing anyone can do is wait. She basically said the processing time also doesn't mean much and said it can say for example 20 weeks, but you can potentially wait 2 or 3 months longer than that as well. I am pretty heart broken over this. Thought I would let you all know the reason we are waiting so long is because they do not have enough staff. She told me there is nothing anyone can do at this point except wait unfortunately. We can email the webform but she said they will say the same thing. Sorry for the bad news but at least we all know now, we just will never know and we have to wait and no one can help us.

Jan 28, 2019
Hi all,

Any UK applicants about who've recently been accepted or aware of processing times?

My wife and I have applied for Permanent Residency in Ontario, we submitted our applications on 8th September.

Application status:

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview. - We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

We have 33 days remaining according to the status tracker, I guess we just sit tight and wait.

Thanks, Paul + Lucy
Hi Paul and tracy. Read below. I just spoke with an immigration lawyer
It’s just madness. Yeah I saw that 1 week. That could rocket up to 17 again though. I’m hoping that with it being in active review it won’t be much longer for a decision. Let me know how you get on

Hey I just spoke with an immigration lawyer. Read below where I commented. Absolute madness

lb1610

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi Guys. I waited a total of 19 weeks and 1 day. I just got an email to say I’ve been approved. I wish you all the happiness guys and hope yours are soon approved too.

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Guys. I waited a total of 19 weeks and 1 day. I just got an email to say I’ve been approved. I wish you all the happiness guys and hope yours are soon approved too.
Yay I am so happy for you! Congrats and enjoy Canada. So how long extra did you end up waiting from original processing time maybe that may help us with a guideline