+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dear All

I had done my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for work permit application outside Canada from India.
I have an approved GTS LMIA but Application shows under processing will there be a delay for visa processing due to Covida-19.
Also due to high unemployment rate in Canada will this effect my visa status .

Thank you
Nikhil
Hi
Any update for you?
My husband applied for work permit NOC 2132 on 14 march 2020and has done the biometric on 16 march , still no update?

rahul6366

Jul 27, 2017
Finally i can share my timeline
First applied in sept-13 for extention of spouse open workm permit and got rejection on dec-22 coz of some issue in my spouse employer letter
Reapplied for restoration on 22- january for restoration and work permit with new employer letter of my wife. Raised web form every 2 week and make lot of alls to customer care but got same answer every time that you have to wait.
But i request for Gcms note on 22 july may be that was a turning point and my file goes in reviewing state on 28th of july and got my GCMS note reply on 30 july but there was no special reply in gcms not but i got my Wp on 6 aug. approx 1 week after my file goes in reviewing your eligibility state. Now am waiting for the hard copy
It was a most crucial time with no work for approx 7 months and with no medical insurance in this panadamic time. Really frustrated with waiting time. Dont know wht it took 7 months for restoration? But at last got a good news.
Praying everyone got their decisions soon with a good news

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Finally i can share my timeline
First applied in sept-13 for extention of spouse open workm permit and got rejection on dec-22 coz of some issue in my spouse employer letter
Reapplied for restoration on 22- january for restoration and work permit with new employer letter of my wife. Raised web form every 2 week and make lot of alls to customer care but got same answer every time that you have to wait.
But i request for Gcms note on 22 july may be that was a turning point and my file goes in reviewing state on 28th of july and got my GCMS note reply on 30 july but there was no special reply in gcms not but i got my Wp on 6 aug. approx 1 week after my file goes in reviewing your eligibility state. Now am waiting for the hard copy
It was a most crucial time with no work for approx 7 months and with no medical insurance in this panadamic time. Really frustrated with waiting time. Dont know wht it took 7 months for restoration? But at last got a good news.
Praying everyone got their decisions soon with a good news
Congratulations!!

Reactions: jeeneet

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi, i have done my biometric and also done my medical in may, my work permit still show in processing, why taking to long, its in kitchen cabinet maker

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Dear All

I had done my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for work permit application outside Canada from India.
I have an approved GTS LMIA but Application shows under processing will there be a delay for visa processing due to Covida-19.
Also due to high unemployment rate in Canada will this effect my visa status .

Thank you
Nikhil
Have you done you madical yet ?

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi Nikhil,
I think we are sailing in the same boat. I have also my Bio metrics done on 1st Week of March and then Medical test done on 6th June 2020. And there is no update on status thereafter. I have also an LMIA approved job offer.
Yes i am in same boat, medical done in may still waiting

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi ,
My NOC is 2133. And I have applied online form Ahmedabad. What is your NOC code and which province ?
My husband NOC is 2132 and he applied from Australia in march 2020 for work permit with job offer and positive LMIA, still no update.

varma1

Aug 6, 2020
At least some positive news here. If I had applied for a work-permit extension and decided to have a baby at the same time, I guess the baby will win the race. So frustrating.