+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Delay For Montreal

gargabhi

Aug 17, 2021
Hi,

I am in process of making an intracompany transfer to Montreal from Bangalore, but my Visa processing has been delayed. Its been almost 2 months since I signed the offer letter for Montreal and my company is yet to even submit the application. I have been told that the reason for the delay is due to Afghanistan refugee crisis. Due to that, the work visa applications cannot be filed and unknown delays are expected if the visa has been filed. Does anyone have more information on this or are they in a similar situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am in process of making an intracompany transfer to Montreal from Bangalore, but my Visa processing has been delayed. Its been almost 2 months since I signed the offer letter for Montreal and my company is yet to even submit the application. I have been told that the reason for the delay is due to Afghanistan refugee crisis. Due to that, the work visa applications cannot be filed and unknown delays are expected if the visa has been filed. Does anyone have more information on this or are they in a similar situation?
So isn’t the issue with your company as they have not submitted the application? Priority processing is given to Aghanis but that is no reason to not submit an application. It can be filed. People have received work permits over the past few months for ICT transfers (search the forum), and processing times may or may not be longer. Different officers reviewing your files.

gargabhi

Aug 17, 2021
So isn’t the issue with your company as they have not submitted the application? Priority processing is given to Aghanis but that is no reason to not submit an application. It can be filed. People have received work permits over the past few months for ICT transfers (search the forum), and processing times may or may not be longer. Different officers reviewing your files.
That is the information I am trying to gather if the company has delayed or there is an overall delay in the visa processing time for Quebec.
I am not able to get any information on that and hence the question.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is the information I am trying to gather if the company has delayed or there is an overall delay in the visa processing time for Quebec.
I am not able to get any information on that and hence the question.
The company has delayed by not submitting. The Canadian government states that processing is prioritized but that doesn’t mean processing has halted. There are many threads on this forum with people getting their LMIA exempt ICT visas.

gargabhi

Aug 17, 2021
The company has delayed by not submitting. The Canadian government states that processing is prioritized but that doesn’t mean processing has halted. There are many threads on this forum with people getting their LMIA exempt ICT visas.
Yeah, that is what my understanding is as well, not sure why the delay though. Anyway good to know that Visa Applications are getting processed, even if there is some delay. I finally have some hope that this will happen soon.