+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit declined, now have positive LMO........

owenzy

Jul 1, 2009
Hi again guys,
have now recieved my POSITVE LMO!!!!!

Now for the tricky part,

It's for the same employer,who are keeping me on, ( so CIC Vergaville is about 3month processing!!!)
I have the 90 days to change / renew status ( been about 40 days so far) & pay the fees involved....

now can I (should I)......
travel & leave Canada & go to the Buffalo Mission & apply for my work permit on the same day(accoring to there site u can if you are there before 10am-for simple cases)

Go down to the Falls/peace bridge/Lewiston & ask for the immigration officer at port (since I have my LMO & job offer) & see if they will process me without leaving Canada

send the new application to Vergiville as a new application (same or old employer section?) & wait till they process the forms, bearing in mind i'm out of work because I'm out of status.

any help would be great,
Thanks,
Owenzy.

owenzy

Jul 1, 2009
Sorted.

Went to Niagra falls(thanks to guy at CIC call center) with all info(LMO, work contract, t & c of employment, passport & money),
walked to usa over the peace bridge, paid my $6 US, turned round about & went back to Canada, gave all info to officer at 'port' got processed as new temp. worker,($150 for permit) no restoration fees involved( $200, per person), took about 1.5-2 hrs to get it all done!!!

hope this helps anyone with the same situation
owenzy.
:)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi Onting,

This means that you do not need a new TRV. Is it just the work permit that you processed at the border? Thanks.

owenzy

Jul 1, 2009
lol m8,

yes, it was just the work permit, as a uk national, I didn't need a trv, but it was a stressful time for all of us!!!

thought that I would even get my PR (canadian experiance clas) through b4 I got my work permit renewal!

owenzy.
;)