+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT CONDITIONS (confusion)

AntonyK

Jan 11, 2016
Hello all,

My job position needs training in the company for 90 days to be licensed. when I provide my Work Permit to the employer I had been asked a question on which don't know the answer and I need your help!

In the work Permit in Condition section one of the statements is: 2. UNLESS AUTHORIZED, PROHIBITED FROM ATTENDING ANY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION, OR TAKING ANY ACADEDMIC, PROFESSIONAL OR VOCATIONAL TRAINING COURSE.

the question is if I need to do a 90 days training at the company can I do it based on this Condition and who should AUTHORIZED my training (employer or government)???

ASAP

THANKS!!

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi Anothny,

Its better to call CIC, as far i know you can do the training course no more than 6 months. according the condition mentioned in work permit. i had call when my wife want to study course.

Canadaideaal

Mar 16, 2015
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
08-05-2015
Passport Req..
21-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
LANDED..........
07-03-2016
Once you training is givven in the company itself, and not in a school ar academy, it belongs as a part of your work permit.
I would only take the question if you are payd this training time or do you have to pay the training by yourself.
A monthly ( or weekly) payment will say you are employed since the first day you are attending, and will be covered under you work permit.
Yo also could aply for a study permit when the training is given in a school or academy, but that will change your status into a student in plce of a worker. ( i don't know realy how this works, and i would be carefull with changing from work permit to study permit)

If you considder later on to aply to permanent residency, Your time under a study permit doesn't count as work.

Good luck.

vidya0411

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmadabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2014
IELTS Request
7, none less then 6.5
File Transfer...
02-07-2014
Med's Done....
17-05-2014
Passport Req..
sent with Documents
Hi Guys

I recently got a job offer from my field of study, but the hours of work are 22.5 hrs a week.
Can i take the offer? As per rules i cannot work more then 20 hrs right?

2nd question is even if i take risk like the way many others are doing n accept to work 22.5 hrs, will that impact when i try to call my spouse on open permit?

as per my info, at the time of applying for spousal permit, i have to show my offer letter n payslips so am curious on how to go about it

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
vidya0411 said:
Hi Guys

I recently got a job offer from my field of study, but the hours of work are 22.5 hrs a week.
Can i take the offer? As per rules i cannot work more then 20 hrs right?

2nd question is even if i take risk like the way many others are doing n accept to work 22.5 hrs, will that impact when i try to call my spouse on open permit?

as per my info, at the time of applying for spousal permit, i have to show my offer letter n payslips so am curious on how to go about it
Easy to find Google it:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp

work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and
work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

If you'll work more than allowed time you can be in trouble, so better kindly inform your employer than you cannot work more than 20 h. during regular academic sessions and ask for a fixed job offer stating 20 h. during academic season.

No reason to mess up with CIC, that could avoid you the opportunity to stay longer here

Rules are to be respected, specially if you're going to request more WP or PR in the future.