+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit background info - denied entry/ordered to leave any other country?

steffosmanos

Sep 24, 2015
Hi everybody!

I am dealing with a complicated situation right here, let me explain to you briefly :

After working one year in Australia (2009-2010) on a working holiday visa I went home to visit my family.

After a few months I applied for a 2nd working holiday visa for Australia.

The 2nd working holiday visa was refused for no reason since I had worked enough days/worked in rural areas, this probably wouldn't have happened if I just stayed applied from within Australia. I decided to go there on a tourist visa.

When I arrived at Darwin airport the immigration officers scanned my passport and found it suspicious that I had applied for a tourist visa right after a working holiday visa as refused.

I was questioned for 4 hours and admitted that I had come to work to Australia and confirmed to undertake paid employment. Based on this I was deported and denied entry to Australia for 3 years.

A few months ago (4 years after my 3-year ban/deportation) I tried to get hold of a working holiday visa for New Zealand, at some point during the application i got the following question:

Have you ever been refused a visa or work permit, denied entry or ordered to leave New Zealand or any other country ?

I answered this question truthfully explaining the whole situation and the visa for New Zealand was refused.

My question to you now is: Am I going to get the same background information question(s) during a IEC work permit application, and will it be possible for the visa to be refused for the same reason ?

I have never committed any crime, have no criminal record in ANY country.

Advice, anyone ?

Thanks in advance!
steffosmanos

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is possible it will be refused for the same reason. Having been denied entry somewhere and deported and even banned does not look good for you when you apply for a temporary visa in another country.

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
Get a brand new passport and don't mention any of it. Unless u really did a crime

steffosmanos

Sep 24, 2015
tonero said:
Get a brand new passport and don't mention any of it. Unless u really did a crime
Don't you think those immigration officers do proper background checks and be able to read what happened as soon as they scan my new passport?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steffosmanos said:
Don't you think those immigration officers do proper background checks and be able to read what happened as soon as they scan my new passport?
It is possible as well as they share info with other countries. If caught hiding something like this, you will be banned from Canada too.

Bellthorpe

Sep 26, 2015
steffosmanos said:
Sure you have. You've admitted to a false visa application. That is a crime.

tonero said:
That's the worst possible advice. The OP would be found out, and would be denied entry - which could well impact future entry to other countries.

steffosmanos

Sep 24, 2015
For those who are wondering how this turned out : I filled in my application truthfully and got granted a Canadian work permit

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
steffosmanos said:
For those who are wondering how this turned out : I filled in my application truthfully and got granted a Canadian work permit
Great response. +1 - not only you did the right thing and got through - you even cared to come back and post here for encouraging others.

bilaltm

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steffosmanos said:
Hi everybody!

I am dealing with a complicated situation right here, let me explain to you briefly :

After working one year in Australia (2009-2010) on a working holiday visa I went home to visit my family.

After a few months I applied for a 2nd working holiday visa for Australia.

The 2nd working holiday visa was refused for no reason since I had worked enough days/worked in rural areas, this probably wouldn't have happened if I just stayed applied from within Australia. I decided to go there on a tourist visa.

When I arrived at Darwin airport the immigration officers scanned my passport and found it suspicious that I had applied for a tourist visa right after a working holiday visa as refused.

I was questioned for 4 hours and admitted that I had come to work to Australia and confirmed to undertake paid employment. Based on this I was deported and denied entry to Australia for 3 years.

A few months ago (4 years after my 3-year ban/deportation) I tried to get hold of a working holiday visa for New Zealand, at some point during the application i got the following question:

Have you ever been refused a visa or work permit, denied entry or ordered to leave New Zealand or any other country ?

I answered this question truthfully explaining the whole situation and the visa for New Zealand was refused.

My question to you now is: Am I going to get the same background information question(s) during a IEC work permit application, and will it be possible for the visa to be refused for the same reason ?

Advice, anyone ?

Thanks in advance!
steffosmanos
One of my friend hide the visa rejection info not by purpose though, but his application got rejected and ban for 2 yrs.. But he applied for UK stating the fact of previous two countries he got it approved. Its always good to mention the truth rather than hiding it from one after other.