+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit at the Airport - Info Needed

bananaman06

Jan 29, 2009
Hello all,

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with a couple of questions - trying to find this info on the UK http://www.canada.org.uk/ website is near impossible!

Firstly, do I need to go through the application process in the UK or can I simply turn up at the airport? Primary reason is that there is a six week processing time to do this in the UK but I assume none at the airport? As from the UK, I am temporary resident visa exempt.

What info would be required at the airport. I will have a positive labour market opinion from HRSDC (this has been applied for by company) and a UK police certificate (clean of course!) would I need anything else?

Finally, I have a permanent job offer. How would this affect my temporary visa i.e. over what period is it likely to be issued for? Applying for a permanent visa is not an option at present due to the processing times - they need me badly!

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Gareth

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bananaman06 said:
Hello all,

I'd appreciate if someone could help me with a couple of questions - trying to find this info on the UK http://www.canada.org.uk/ website is near impossible!

Firstly, do I need to go through the application process in the UK or can I simply turn up at the airport? Primary reason is that there is a six week processing time to do this in the UK but I assume none at the airport? As from the UK, I am temporary resident visa exempt.

What info would be required at the airport. I will have a positive labour market opinion from HRSDC (this has been applied for by company) and a UK police certificate (clean of course!) would I need anything else?

Finally, I have a permanent job offer. How would this affect my temporary visa i.e. over what period is it likely to be issued for? Applying for a permanent visa is not an option at present due to the processing times - they need me badly!

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Gareth
1. Assuming you don't need a medical, you just arrive at the Airport with your LMO, Passport and PCC (which won't be asked for) and Immigration will issue the work permit.
2. Once you are working in Canada, get a letter from your employer that they will employ you permanently once you receive PR status. Once you have the letter, you apply under FSW 2 as long as the job is rated A,B or O in the skill level of the NOC.

PMM