+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit as protected person pending PR

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi
My work permit will expire in one month and i am protected person in canada my PR application is in progress
Do i need to re-apply or wait for my PR app approval

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
You can check the below link, everything is explained there !! Since you mentioned it will expire in a month, you should start the process ASAP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html
Thank you so much for the reply actually i did apply but there was no option of paying fees and it was submitted at the end now i can see in my account submitted but didnt pay any fees
Is there any fees required and how to add that?

Vijanti

Mar 3, 2021
Hi i am trying to apply for my extension on my work permit, but it keeps telling me Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.
my question is should i apply as a worker or refugee claimant, im a protected person now please advice its little urgent. my Work Permit expires in less then a month..and do we have to pay the fee or is it free?

Smartzz

May 16, 2021
Hi i am trying to apply for my extension on my work permit, but it keeps telling me Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.
my question is should i apply as a worker or refugee claimant, im a protected person now please advice its little urgent. my Work Permit expires in less then a month..and do we have to pay the fee or is it free?
Apply as a temporary worker. It's free, there is no fee for protected person.

Vijanti

Mar 3, 2021
hi thnk you for your response...there is no option for temporary worker, but it does say temporary permit holder? this is what you are refering to?

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
If you’re a protected person you have to apply as a protected person. You’ll still click refugee claimant and on the next page select ‘ I have been found to be a convention refugee’ Also go back over your imm 5710 and check the expiry dates you put there, if your passport has expired, put the expiry date on your brown paper there and try again.

FSB1973

Mar 4, 2024
Thank you so much for the reply actually i did apply but there was no option of paying fees and it was submitted at the end now i can see in my account submitted but didnt pay any fees
Is there any fees required and how to add that?
you said you already applied what form did you use and what did you choose in what kind of application you are appying? please help me too my OWP is expiring soon and my PR is still under process. please guide me. Also for paying you need to creat your account through ircc portal thank you